Dogs over 80 pounds

Discussion in Pets started by Mayvin • Aug 27, 2014.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    The two dogs that I have are both about 50 pounds and they feel like a handful I can't imagine having a dog that is like 90 pounds or more. I've heard that there are dogs that go up in weight like 250 pounds! Its like seriously? What breed of dog goes up to the weight??! Anyway, has anyone had a dog like a hundred pounds or more? What were your experiences?

2. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have big dogs or dogs for this very reason. Big dogs like that make me a
    bit nervous. I don't understand why people want this big of a dog. They are a lot to take care of and clean up after!!!

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like small dogs too. That's why most of the time the only pet you'll find in my house is a puppy. But since I can't always get puppies, I'm thinking of getting myself a toy dog because they generally are smaller and almost as cute as puppies. As for big dogs and other adult pets, there's something about that I just don't like.

But I do own a big guard dog to keep away unwanted guests [both humans and animals].

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    The most my dogs ever weighed was 70. I think any bigger than that and you need to have a good routine for exercise. I have always said I prefer bigger dogs but as I've gotten older and seen how much care they take, I think that a 70 our under pound dog can work just as well as a guard or hunting dog (practical purposes), and still be happy inside the house. Although I have had friends who have over 100 pound dogs that still cuddle cup with them on their laps. Its a hilarious sight to behold and one that I don't think I'd want to do on a regular basis.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We had a Labrador dog, and when he wants to play or be affectionate when I am squatting, I would get knocked off the ground because he rubs his body on me and his force is quite heavy! I always say to myself that he can get a frail senior citizen or small toddler killed if their head hits the cement when they fall if he rubs up on them. So I think large dogs are for young or strong people only who can withstand their weight.