Dollar General $5 off when you spend $25

Discussion in Coupons started by ragtimeannie • Jul 5, 2014.

1. ragtimeannie

ragtimeannieActive Member

Threads:
    Today is one of those days that Dollar General will give you $5 off if you spend $25 if you have their coupon code. The coupons appear at the bottom of their receipts during the week, or you can get one by texting 5OFF (that's the number 5 followed by the word OFF) to 34898.

The $25 figure is the amount you spend after Dollar General's sale prices and before tax. If you're using any manufacturer coupons, be sure to present those after you present the $5 off coupon. You can't use any other Dollar General coupons if you're going to use the $5 off one.

Often my local Dollar General will have a special sale area on Saturdays too with some amazing discounts. I've gotten cereal for less than $1 from their discount table when I used one of my many (and easy to find) cereal coupons in conjunction with their sale. They're also having a sale today on Sheba cat food, so today is a great day to stock up on that item!

Good luck! I hope y'all find some amazing deals. :D

2. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    ummm, I don't think it works like that. I THINK that it only works if you USE the receipt like a coupon ... Oh, I didn't see the "texting 5OFF (that's the number 5 followed by the word OFF) to 34898" :p

Still, I feel like this is more a 'frequent customer'-type discount than one you should "share." :cool:

3. ragtimeannie

ragtimeannieActive Member

Threads:
    It's a coupon. If you either present the coupon at the bottom of a receipt during the week OR you present the coupon code you get when you text 5OFF to 34898, you get $5 off when you buy $25 worth of items. Hope that clarifies it for you. Thanks!

4. 7zer0z

7zer0zBanned

Threads:
    That seems like a really good offer but I've never spent $25+ at Dollar General before

5. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    It's probably a bargain intended for people buying groceries for an average family or supplies for a party.