Dollar General Deals

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by ragtimeannie • Jun 21, 2014.

1. ragtimeannie

ragtimeannieActive Member

Threads:
    For today, 6/21 only,

: Buy $25 worth of items, and get $5 off!

If you can't make it today though, no worries. They do this often. In fact, I usually get the coupon off the bottom of my receipt when I visit DG. They have lots of cereal at good prices, so I like to use the sale to get a ton of cereal. They have great prices for rice and pasta too, and they take coupons for more savings.

Then there's the penny items: Dollar General also has this thing it does where if you can find certain items with the right dot and code on it before they pull it from the shelf, you can get it for a penny. The only things I've found that way have been things I don't want or need (baby clothes and nurse's scrubs), but if you have the time, it can be a fun way to get some bargains. I have heard of other people getting

So Dollar General rocks when it comes to bargains! What are your great Dollar General finds? :D

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I do believe most Dollar Generals give out this coupon for every Saturday. This means that next week when you go, you will receive a coupon that is similar but with a new expiration date. So it is wise to save your purchases if you are going to have any within a month that will add up to 25.00, so that you can purchase it on one of the given Saturdays. It is not hard to do once you add up the cost you might save on toilet paper products, greeting cards, etc. I find it helpful to keep a list of prices in my wallet so that before I buy I can map out which stores I will go to. I do not make all my purchases at the Dollar General but I have used that coupon several times.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    There is a phone app out there too that supposedly can help you find the penny items. It's a bit hokey to use though, someone basically put up a private web site with a database of all the supposed penny products on it, and you need to pay $3 for access to it. Then you have to download a barcode scanning app, scan the products you think might be a penny product, and it will confirm if it is or isn't by running it through their database. The database itself is populated by a bunch of different shoppers who share their finds.

The downside is, you will probably attract the attention of the store employees if they see you scanning stuff with your phone constantly - and they may confront you about it. I'm sure they've encountered customers already looking for those penny items. And I'm willing to bet the employees themselves likely get in trouble if those penny sales show up in the daily sales reports.