Dollar Tree Has Stone Wave Pots For $1 Each

Discussion in Food & Drink started by ohiotom76 • Feb 7, 2015.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure if all the stores carry the same merchandise, but I just noticed that our local Dollar Tree's are selling the TV commercial product "Stone Wave" pot for only $1 each! These normally were selling for $10 at places like Dollar General - so this is quite a bargain. If you are not familiar with it, I've included a pic below.

While it doesn't exactly work as advertised, for only $1 who cares? These make great pots for broiling french onion soup (with the crouton and provolone cheese on top). They're also great for general purpose microwave cooking, especially if you are concerned about heating plastics in the microwave, which is supposedly not healthy at all.

In addition, Dollar Tree is also carrying the other TV product "Wraptastic" for $1 too, but I wouldn't recommend it, it didn't work very well at all.

stonewave-6.

Attached Files:

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    1 dollar is a really great price, I don't think I've ever seen any pots sell for that low! Thanks for sharing.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As long as your friends don't know that you shop at Dollar Tree, you could buy these as a gift and wrap them as a housewarming or back to college gift. Thanks for sharing.

4. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for posting this. I went to Dollar Tree the other day after having not been in about a year, and was pleasantly surprised by how much good stuff they had in there. I adore that place. I didn't see these pots the other day when I went into my local store, but that's because I didn't go into the section where the housewares are. When I go there again, I'm gonna look for this little pot and pick up a couple of them.
    They are super-cute. And for a dollar? Can't beat that.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have one, my daughter makes eggs in the pot and takes it to work with her, very convenient. I would not mind having a few more of these little pots. I hope they will still have some on hand when I can go to the Dollar Store.

6. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm still playing around with it to try and get eggs to poach properly in it. The instructions say to microwave them for 20 seconds, then wait 20 seconds, then microwave them again for another 20 seconds. When I do this, I am left with half raw eggs, but if I microwave it a bit further, the whites are still a bit runny but the yolks are totally cooked through - weird. I'm thinking I might have to do something like 35 seconds up front then letting them rest longer in the pot to steam.

I've made "caramelized onions" in this several times already and they worked out pretty well. Just slice up some onions, add in a little beef bouillion and some butter, and microwave for about 4 minutes. Plain old steamed vegetables come out perfectly in it.

They also have a recipe for a tomato sauce in it that I'm probably going to try today, which uses diced bell peppers, onions and garlic, along with fresh chopped tomato, a bit of tomato paste and some wine and olive oil (herbs and seasonings too of course).