Dollar Tree to take coupons starting Sunday, August 26!

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by professionaltightwad • Aug 24, 2012.

1. professionaltightwad

professionaltightwadMember

Threads:
    This is a corporate wide policy and you can find all the details

, at the bottom of the page. I'm very excited by this as my local Dollar Tree has a lot of brand name items. I should be able to build my stockpile to new heights as well as gather more to donate to the local agency that I like to support.

2. AutumnFaith2012

AutumnFaith2012Member

Threads:
    This is wonderful news! I love shopping at the Dollar Tree and my local store also carries name brand. I'm not much on coupons because I don't use enough to actually see the savings add up; however, with the Dollar Tree already being low priced, the coupons should make a big difference. Thanks for sharing the information, I'm going to pass it on to my family!!

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Really?

I've never really noticed many name brand products there. Or the ones that are, are also such small products that coupons wouldn't apply. I wonder how this is going to work out or how beneficial it'll be to try to use them.

4. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I get emails from Dollar Tree and I am surprised I haven't heard about this. With everything being so cheap already I can't imagine taking coupons would be very good for their bottom line, unless the coupons were the kind that gave a discount for multiple item purchases.

5. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, their products will be flying off the shelves. I rarely go to the dollar tree because I prefer one stop shopping, but I will make an exception. This is excellent news! There are plenty of things that I can buy. The only reason I don't go is because i'm accustomed to one stop shopping now. I wonder why the change of heart on their end.

6. writer811

writer811Active Member

Threads:
    This is a smart business move on their part. The point of coupons is to make a business money, otherwise they wouldn't have them. People already associate them with low prices and now they have coupons? Products are going to fly off the shelves. They'll make a ton of money off of this, I'd bet anything.

7. bryce12

bryce12Active Member

Threads:
    Wow, that's an amazing news for all DollarTree fans. I agree that you may not find all the brands there but for the ones that are available, you can save good amount of money. Can someone post working Dollartree coupons here or suggest where I can find them?

8. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    May I ask a question about #4?

4. We are unable to accept coupons for “Free” items with no purchase requirements or where the amount for the product is blank.

Does this mean we can't use a dollar-off coupon on an item?

This is wonderful news. Thank you for letting us know.

#8Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  9. inb4

inb4Member

Threads:
    What I see going on with this decision on Dollar Tree's behalf.

They're going to make a lot more money because of how cheap their products already are. With the added coupons it's going to be an insane time for Dollar Tree in a good way with all the additional sales.

Can't wait!

10. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    Overflowing crowds coming up. Smart marketing. Thanks for the heads up.

11. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Soooooo? Has anyone shopped there since they started taking coupons? I'd like to hear how much you've saved?

12. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's what I thought. But I was in the Dollar Tree yesterday and a woman had coupons! I have no idea which coupons she used because there were a couple of people in front of me. So, it's definitely possible.

13. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    Exciting news! I am a avid couponer and now I will have to reorganize my strategy. Which is fine by me, I love the dollar tree! I have seen a lot of name brand snack foods, so I'll be able to save there for sure. I can hardly wait until my next shopping trip.

14. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Since I posted last in this thread I saw an announcement online and received email news of it! Yet one more reason to Shop there and buy more stuff than you had planned!

15. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Chanell, I hear you. Even though you know the items are all a dollar, you think that if you fill your cart, it's not going to total too much. It can be all to easy to load up in there. But, hopefully, if you have enough coupons, you can get a good savings.

16. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks so much for posting this! I shop there a lot, and will definitely put this info to good use. I'm thinking I can get some really good deals now...

17. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    This is great news, thank you for sharing this information. I buy most of my household items from Dollar Tree and this is great for me to stock up on products.

18. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    Awesome share here thanks! Their products are already sold at such low prices and now they are going to accept coupons! I just cannot imagine how much cheaper the things they sell can get. We would be sure to see rows of empty shelves and strings of customers with fully loaded trolleys and baskets of goods with their hands full of coupons now. Time to join in the mad crowd for shopping and savings!