Domino's Pizza Any Good?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by TheViper • Jan 13, 2015.

1. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    The fact is that Domino's pizza developed a reputation for itself for tasting like cardboard. Probably, one of the worst insults a pizza chain could receive from their customers. Though, over the past few years it seems that they have tried to reinvent themselves. Do you think that Domino's pizza is any good nowadays?

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can understand where that reputation comes from - the Domino's stores in the UK are not exactly generous with cheese and toppings. I also find that they are never consistent - one week, you could get a really poor one, two weeks later, it will be really tasty. On the whole, I prefer to use a small independent shop near me, who also deliver. They never disappoint.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually don't mind Domino's Pizza these days. It's not as good as your local pizza joint in most cases, but out of all the major pizza chains such as Pizza Hut and Papa Johns and Little Ceasars', it's far from the worst imo. In addition, they have one of the best online ordering systems I've ever seen for a pizza shop. It's really freaking cool if you've never tried it. They show you who exactly is making your pizza, when it's cooking, and who is out delivering it.

I remember them being pretty good back in the 80's then their quality started declining by the 90's. But in the past 5 or so years, they've improved the quality of their pizza's, and I really enjoy their baked sandwiches a lot. I like that their crust is chewy and crispy on the outside without being too greasy like other places. Plus their dough tastes much fresher than places like Pizza Hut.

Pizza Hut's dough comes in pre-made these days from what I read, and to me it really just tastes like flat cardboard. Their new pizza's are astonishingly bad, and even worse believe it or not. The "dough" is like a thin stale cracker. I don't know what they were thinking when they came out with those.

Little Ceasar's tastes like a cheap Tombstone frozen Pizza. I don't bother with them at all anymore. And Papa Johns I refuse to support because their owner is a greedy dickhead who refuses to pay his employees fair wages while he literally lives in a castle.

4. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I think Domino's is better than Pizza Hut, but these two pizza chains are the most typical and the quality is not so great. They are both trying very hard to improve with variety now. I prefer to go to Papa John's, but I really prefer to go to gourmet pizza places like, Z Pizza or Upper Crust Pizza. If I really have time to dine in rather than takeout and want to splurge, then California Pizza Kitchen has a great shrimp pizza that I really like. Now, I'm hungry talking about all this pizza.

5. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I don't understand why people conflate cheap pizza with quality made pizza, because you get what you pay for. It's like all those frozen pizza commercials always making implications that their pizzas are good as delivery pizza, but it's all marketing hype and bias opinions. If people wish to get quality pizza, research a place that sells such pizzas or learn how to make yourself.

Dominos pizza is far from being the best, but it's the "value" it has given - by feeding millions of poor or impoverish humans - to people that has made it so successful.

6. dwon30

dwon30New Member

Threads:
    I like Dominos crust..mmmmmm, it is so delicious and fluffy. I used to work at Papa Johns and on my lunch breaks I would sneak out to Dominos and pig out! One day my manager saw me going in and when I got back to work he made me do trash the rest of the day. 1 week later I quit, and now I work for Dominos and I stay in for lunch every day. Yummy!

7. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    When I lived with my ex, Dominos was one of the few choices we could both tolerate. However, in order to make it edible, I'd recommend customizing online. This is better than doing it over the phone. I just hate that they no longer have that garlic butter crust. It tasted a little like chemicals but still indulgent.

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually really like Dominos pizza. I agree that in the UK it did get a bad rep for years, for some reason. Personally, I didn't like it before I'd even tasted it due to their choice of locations. -and then a few years ago we were coming from a night out and we wanted a snack, but had no good options. It was either going to be kebabs or Dominos, and I'd recently seen a disgusting documentary on kebabs, so we settled for Dominos. I'm glad to say we were very pleasantly surprised! I can honestly say from that point on, I've never been disappointed by Dominos. I now prefer it to Pizza Hut. I'm not sure what the big deal with Pizza Express is; it's a bit posh yes, but tastes like cardboard! Dominos chicken wings are to die for, too :)

9. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like their pizza. I would go a million times to Pizza Hut over it. I have only tasted it once in my conscious lifetime and in that time, I declared to myself that I would never have it again tasted. I feel like to buy it is wasting money.

10. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    Domino's pizza is gross, always has been and always will be. Remember when they ran that ad where the tag line was "Now made with REAL cheese!"? which prompted everyone to ask themselves, well what were you using before?! Also, for someone reason, the Domino's near me is filled with rude employees! Like seriously rude! My friend got a pizza from them, and they accidentally (?) gave her the wrong one. She wanted a plain cheese and they gave her one with meat on it. (She's vegetarian, so she doesn't eat meat) So she goes back in and tells them and asks (nicely, might I add!) for the correct pizza, and what does the guy do? HE YELLS AT HER. He screams at her that she got the correct pizza and is trying to get a free pizza by lying. She tells him, no I'm giving you the wrong one back in exchange for a right one, I can't even eat this wrong one, I'm vegetarian! He continues yelling saying shes trying to get free pizza and to get the f*ck out. She asks for a manager, the crazy dude says HE is the manager. She finally just gave up and left. She told me this story after she got to my house with the WRONG pizza. I went out and got her a frozen pizza from the local grocery store.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only tasted Domino's Pizza once, and it was ok, they have better dough than Pizza Hut. Now that you mentioned it, I will give them a try when the pizza craving hits me. And I would have to agree with the other member that Little Ceasar's is the worst! It tasted soo bland, so that was the first and last time that I ate that brand.

12. lordrenly

lordrenlyActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I'd rank them above Little Caesar's and Round Table Pizza but below Pizza Hut and Papa John's if I eat their pizza right away. I think the cardboard flavor might be because the bread tastes stronger than the toppings (something I actually feels). However, if you let it sit for a while and reheat it or order a delivery, I notice that Domino's and Papa John's pizzas don't change in flavor as much as other Pizzas (which is why we ordered them the most when we were in college). Little Caesar's will have sections that accumulate oils when you reheat them and Round Table Pizza is the worst. It doesn't even taste like a real pizza anymore after you reheat it so Little Caesar's is not the worst IMO.