Dominos Vs Papa Johns

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by TheViper • Nov 24, 2013.

1. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    Over the past few years Domino's has greatly improved from what they were known for. Whenever I buy Domino's the pizza always looks great and isn't too greasy.

The way Domino's is now kinda reminds me of Papa Johns to some degree. Though, there are considerable differences between the two. I wonder which you guys prefer to get your pizza from.

2. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Papa Johns pizzas taste absolutely terrible, at least in the outlets here. Dominoes isn't great but they are at least much better than Papa Johns. Plus, their delivery and service is impeccable.

3. tcomfortbl

tcomfortblNew Member

Threads:
    My son loves Papa John's, but my husband and I hate it. We haven't tried Domino's pizza in a while, so we should try it out again!

4. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I would take Dominos over Papa Johns any day. I am a big fan of Dominos. I just love the taste of Dominos, especially when they first added garlic to the crust, they had me sold.

5. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    I used to love Dominos and to a degree I still do. My issue with Dominos though, is that even though they improved their sauce and crust, their sizes are still quite small to be so pricey. At least in my area they are. I prefer Papa Johns because they taste a lot better because of fresher ingredients, their sizes are reasonable, and from my experience their staff is much nicer as well.

6. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    While I do prefer how Dominos tastes, their sizes are still way too small for me. That's why I usually prefer Papa Johns; their sizes are ok and it doesn't taste bad at all.

7. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Our Papa Johns is a lot better than our Dominos, though I've lived in places where it was just the opposite, and where they were about the same, too. So it really does depend *a lot* on where you live. I think Papa Johns has a better selection, though, and I'm glad the one near us is great :).

8. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    When we lived in Nashville we were always getting Papa John's and hands down preferred it! We moved 7 hours away to Missouri and ordered Papa John's and it was terrible. Oddly enough we ordered Domino's and found that it tasted better. For whatever reason, Papa John's has failed us locally, even though I know it can be better elsewhere. I don't know what they could be doing wrong because I'm sure all the supplies come from the same distributing company...

9. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like either lol. I'm one of those rare people that doesn't like pizza. :p

10. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    In my city Papa John's is not really a popular options because there are very few restaurants in this big city.

Either way I prefer Domino's over Papa John's despite there is a Papa John's restaurant in this area versus 6 or 7 Domino's around.

11. jcairns82

jcairns82Member

Threads:
    I remember reading something about Papa John's cutting all their employees' hours to ensure that they didn't have to pay for health care insurance. Not sure if this was true or not. Even so, when given the choice, I'd choose Domino's over Papa John's. The real option should be making it at home for yourself. Now that's delicious!

12. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    That's terrible. Now, why would someone work for them if they are shameless that way?

13. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I have never had a local Papa Johns and I use to work in Domino's. Because I eat it all the time I enjoy that more.

14. marmunmrhundun

marmunmrhundunBanned

Threads:
    I personally prefer Dominos over Papa Johns, however it seems like everyone I know may have it the other way around. I just don't see how people can always eat Papa Johns, because Papa Johns pizza is not always good or at least in my opinion. I have ordered Papa Johns so many times and it was not good. That is why I just stick to Dominos because they always get me together.

15. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    I have never, to my knowledge, had a Papa John's pizza. There is a local one that came here back in 2010 or 2011 and I still haven't tried it yet because I'm hooked on Domino's!!! I love Domino's pizzas, they are always hot and taste so delicious!!! I was a big fan of Pizza Hut for years because we didn't have a Domino's at that time. Now I pass by Pizza Hut and head to Domino's!!!

16. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer dominoes, but papa johns is very nice too. I think the density of the dough at dominoes is perfect for me and they put just the right amount of cheese, which I find Papa John's overdoes just a little. Not that that's objectively bad, it's just not my personal preference.

17. dorann

dorannMember

Threads:
    I would take Dominos over Papa Johns any day of the week. I really like the fact that there are different sauce choices at Dominos and their prices are better too.

When I was in high school and college I was a Papa Johns girl and I think that part of my problem with them now is that I really burned myself out on it.

18. suncoast15

suncoast15New Member

Threads:
    For some reason I remember liking Dominoes more, but chain pizza is very YMMV. It's greasy, thin, etc wherever you go, and depends on how much effort the workers feel like putting into it. I have seen more of Dominoes advertisements recently because they offer the 50% off pizza. I've never taken a close look at whose prices are better or even who offers more choices, I guess I just kinda grab whatever is closest if I have a huge craving!