Donating plasma?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by joyful728 • Oct 29, 2014.

1. joyful728

joyful728Active Member

Threads:
    Has anyone here ever donated plasma? What was your experience like and was it worth the money that you made?

In my area, you can get about $120/ month by donating plasma. I live in a college town and I think many college students take advantage of this opportunity.

What are the risks of donating plasma? If there are serious risks, then I almost don't feel it is worth it.

Also does anyone know what the donated plasma is used for?

Thanks for sharing any advice!!!!

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to donate plasma when I was in college. It was a good money to earn money when I was low right before payday. It was relatively painless.

The only downside was that my veins collapsed. I didn't really have strong veins to begin with. The phlebotomist now has to use the veins on my hand whenever I need to get blood work done.

3. preacherbob50

preacherbob50Member

Threads:
    I used to sell plasma. I believe the rules have changed a bit regarding how many times a week you can donate. It used to be three times at the center where I used to go. I was pretty much homeless at the time and between working at labor pools, giving plasma, and living in a mission I was able to save up enough to get squared away. The problem I did have though was the needle marks that were left on my arms. I kept the plasma center card with me just in case I was asked any questions, which, I never was.