Don't Shop At Romwe!

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Liv6 • Aug 8, 2015.

1. Liv6

Liv6Member

Threads:
    I found an amazing deal at Romwe.com in mid-June and decided to purchase a shirt there for $7 plus shipping. I thought it was too good to be true...and it was. It has been nearly three weeks later, and the shirt has yet to be shipped. I received an email from the website that apologized and offered me a 50% off discount code, but my order is still going through customs, supposedly. I then checked on reviews of the site, and most were negative. Has anyone else had a terrible experience with Romwe?

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never heard of Romwe, but I did order a shirt from Amazon. I had a similar problem with it. It never came. I had to cancel the order after I waited 3 weeks past the date I should have gotten it. It helps to read the customer satisfaction ratings before you place an order.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Why would you shop at some obscure online retailer without checking out the reviews?! I'd have to say that the name romwe.com doesn't instill a sense of legitimacy in my mind. To be fair, getting things through customs can indeed take a few days to a couple of weeks, depending upon various factors, so that's not necessarily the company's fault. It's always a smart idea to vet the companies you do business with nonetheless, though.

4. Liv6

Liv6Member

Threads:
    My friend recommended the site as she had gotten jewelry from it without having any issues. I instead opted to go for one of their shirts as I liked the design, and I needed a good deal; I trusted my friend's review and didn't think to go online for reviews. However, I recently received a notification from FedEx saying that I will be getting the shipment on Friday. I obviously have yet to see until then if the shirt is high quality, but at least I know I will receive it before I go off to college.

5. shother

shotherMember

Threads:
    I never ordered anything from Romwe nor I knew it existed, and maybe there is a good reason behind this... Good thing is your order will be delivered on Friday, better late than never I guess.

6. Liv6

Liv6Member

Threads:
    It did eventually arrive and while I did notice that a few threads were out of place on the sleeves, the overall quality of the shirt was not terrible for what I paid. I get compliments on the shirt when I wear it as it is quite unique. However, I still wouldn't recommend shopping at Romwe due to the time it takes to ship.

7. tasxx

tasxxMember

Threads:
    I'm used to ordering from websites like Romwe (Dresslink, dressgal, rosegal, etc.) so I know that shipping does take quite a while. I'm thinking about ordering something from Romwe in a few weeks because I've seen a few positive reviews on youtube and some haul videos and they seem to have really good stuff especially if you can get and use a coupon code. That being said, I do think they are a bit expensive to charge so much when shipping takes that long.

8. Liv6

Liv6Member

Threads:
    I agree completely; without coupon codes, Romwe would probably not have any international customers whatsoever due to their incredibly long shipping time. I didn't notice any Youtube videos about Romwe merchandise, but I'll be sure to look it up; that would probably make my decision easier when choosing new clothing. I just hope that their prices come down in time for Cyber Monday.

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess this works for some, but quite frankly, for me it just won't do! I'm not willing to wait that long for an item, no matter where it's coming from. I have a list of trusty sites all over the world and they don't take that long! My UK orders usually take just over a week. The same goes for those coming from Canada. I like that I have the satisfaction of knowing that these are also well known, reputable retailers. I'm glad you finally got the shirt and are relatively happy with it. Thanks for the heads up :)

10. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I was thinking of this specific part of this horror story; customs pass. Sometime may take more than 60 days for a product to arrive! Not my own experience but whenever I have tried to get something having to go through customs, I have done a quick research to find out a delivery estimate time, what makes me change my name and look for a local alternative.