Double duty baths.

Discussion in Water started by beckyv1265 • May 10, 2012.

1. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I have my little boys share bath water. I draw a bath for them and then give them cups to wet and wash their hair. When they are done getting all soaped up I hose them off with the detachable shower head. I can bathe all three at the same time with very little water. We limit all the kids to full showers every other day. They just wash essential in between. That is unless they are doing a sporting event. If they stink we wash em more often. hehehe

2. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I can see they are pretty young in your photo... do you think you will continue to do this in the future as they get older?

3. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    My sons are still pretty young. The oldest is almost 3 and the youngest is almost 1. Our littlest one still gets baths in his baby bath, so that doesn't use much water. But my older son also loves to sit in the baby tub (a little jealousy, I think)!! So when I take a shower I put the baby tub at the end of the shower and fill it up with some warm water. Then my older son gets in and plays with his toys while I take my shower. Then I have him stand up and I wash his hair and body up while I am still in the shower. It is kind of like a two in one. There are times when we bathe them together, but the little one likes to stand up a lot! I don't know how old we will be able to do it with them. I am thinking as they get a little older they may want some privacy. But I think we will definitely limit their time so that it isn't excessive!

4. fishyfinz

fishyfinzMember

Threads:
    Its a good thing that you try and save water but you can do this only for a limited period of time. Your kids will definitely want to share bath water as they grow up. I I don't quite agree to this method of saving water unless there is a water shortage situation. I would totally hate it if my parents had to do that to me and my siblings.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm sure it's only temporary. I was 11 when I started to develop and I would have run away from home if my mother made me bathe with my brothers. It's cute to have very little kids bathe together because they can play in the tub and keep each other company. I think after second grade it would start to get embarrassing for the kids.

6. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    They sell shower heads that limit the amount of water that comes out, so you use less water overall when taking a shower. That, combined with enforcing time limits on taking showers, seems like it would be easier on everyone imo. Showers in general use much less water than baths do, so everyone can have their own brief shower and you can still save on water. Honestly, it only takes like 2-3 minutes to jump in the shower and clean off.

This is a bit more extreme, but I've seen some self sustainable homes that also recycle the shower water to use in the toilets somehow. It's a pretty interesting idea actually.