Dove shower gel

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Gelsemium • Oct 6, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I haven't tried this exact brand but I do like shower gels in general. I've only moved onto it from soap only recently and I think I'm growing fond of it since I now prefer it a lot more than regular soaps. I like it because it's much more sanitary especially if you're sharing a bathroom with other people. I just don't know how much or less cost effective they are than their traditional counterparts.

2. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is a good question though Ripley, I don't know what would be more cost effective as well, but considering the prices I would not change my shower gel for the soap again, we "deserve" some luxuries in life and having a shower gel is definitely one of those.

3. nicolethompson

nicolethompsonNew Member

Threads:
    I have used the dove soap for years but never the body wash and after reading all these comments I don't think I ever will!

4. Gelsemium

Threads:
    LOL, don't be scared nicole, Dove is still a good brand for shower gel, it's just the purely pampering category that it's just too sticky. I don't know what they were aiming, most likely more hydration, but that didn't work as they wished.

5. maryannballeras

maryannballerasMember

Threads:
    I'm a big fan of Dove products and I absolutely love it. My skin can get really dry sometimes but I don't prefer putting on lots and lots of lotion because it makes me feel all greasy and sticky. But with Dove, I don't have to endure that anymore. My skin gets moisturized by just the shower gel and I won't need any lotion anymore.

6. Bee14

Bee14New Member

Threads:
    Yeah I used to love dove products especially the body wash until I found out my skin is very sensitive and it was the reason why I was breaking out.Dove has some very good smelling body wash/soap products but my skin just can't tolerate the synthetic chemicals in the products.

7. erik120

erik120Active Member

Threads:
    I have tried it and it did seem to have a rather uncommon texture and I didn't really like that much, the scent and the overall feel of it was pretty ok I guess, its not that bad, just not my favorite shower gel. I use Nivea shower gel sometimes, its pretty bland but it suits me.

8. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I love the scent erik, that is why it's such a shame. Especially the pistachio one is really surprising, I never had a shower gel with such a scent, but the texture is so bad that I will never get it again. I do hope they put the scent in another better gel.

006.JPG

Attached Files:

9. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    I used to buy the Dove shower cream because it was said to have a least a quarter of moisturizing cream in it. I did not feel the difference much (maybe I just did not need the extra hydration), but it was a nice product and it did not have too much of a strong smell, which I appreciated, just a soft clean smell. I did not like the soaps as much, but they were also good enough.

10. nonsiccus

nonsiccusActive Member

Threads:
    Not a huge fan as the added moisturizers in the soap causes a slippery feeling that I'm not too fond of. I do like the scent, but again it's the slimy feeling I get from the moisturizer that really turns me off of this product. I've found that the opaque shower gels typically will feel like that while the clear or translucent kind doesn't. It could be possible they use a different type of moisturizer or something.

11. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I have now bought another sort of Dove shower gel that was in promotion, it's nutrium moisture as well, but at the same time it's not purely pampering, so I am hoping it's not so sticky. I am going to try it in the next days and I'll post the feedback here.

12. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Dove shower creams. I usually use it in conjunction with one of those mesh shower puffs - they really help the product go further, helping you save a few pennies. I agree that decent shower gel is a must - the feeling of being clean and refreshed is priceless.

13. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Sure, I always go for some decent ones, but I like the ones that don't stick too much and sadly I've just tried the new one yesterday and it's the same thing, that is why it is in promotion. So nutrium moisture Dove forget it, I'll never buy it again.

14. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use Dove products regularly, but in the past I have been given samples. Here recently I was given a whole bag of samples and some Dove body wash was in among them, but I don't know if it is the pampering kind like you are talking about here. I'd have to go and check.

Do you think it would be as sticky if you diluted it with some bottled water? Take half, or maybe a third of the Dove and pour it into another container or an empty Dove bottle. To the 2/3 left, add some bottled water. It seems like maybe the added water would cut down on the residue that's left behind.

15. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    I really loved the dove men shower gel scent. Have been using it for a few months now and it's pretty great for my skin. I did not look for something with cream and stuff like that, just something that doesn't have an excessive odor and it keeps me fresh. Only positive experiences with dove so far.

16. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I only use Dove shower gel. They are my favorite. I have tried others like Oil of Olay, but did you know that Oil of Olay makes their stuff in China. When it comes to skin products, I definitely want to use products made in the USA and FDA approved. Dove has a very fresh feeling. I love their Cucumber and Green Tea, it has a fresh scent and makes me feel clean as well as exhilarated. I suppose that has something to do with the green tea. I have also tried the kind with the exfoliating element, I am not particularly fond of that one, but it is still Dove. Regardless of what scent I use, I am always very happy with the Dove shower gels.