Dr. Bronner's Baby Mild Castile Soap

Discussion in Product Reviews started by FirstBaby2011 • Sep 27, 2012.

1. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    I love this soap! My sensitive skin gets irritated, chaps, and bleeds during the cooler winter months. However, ever since I have been using this castile soap as a handwash, my problems have greatly diminished. The gentle moisture that this soap provides leave my hands feeling clean, yet soft. Dr. Bronner's does not contain harsh chemicals that commercial soaps seem to have which eliminates irritation. I will be using this exclusively this fall and winter. It is a bit pricey, but this is something I think is worth the splurge. Check it out!

2. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Dr. Bonner's is one of my favorite kinds of soap as well. Yes, it is expensive, but near me it comes in such a very large bottle that it's economical to spend the money on it.

3. FirstBaby2011

Threads:
    I just recently started using it a few months ago. Is it usually pretty runny? I guess my only disappointment in it is that I expected it to be slightly thicker than it was. It does seem very concentrated, however.

4. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    I find many castille soaps are runnier than your average chemical soap. This is probably because the chemical soaps have sodium lauryl sulfate. Does Dr. Bronners have that in it? I don't think it does...

I use another castille soap and it is very runny. It works well though! Maybe consider buying a soap foaming dispenser to pump it from. That might help?

5. FirstBaby2011

Threads:
    Okay, thank you! That's correct; Dr. Bronner's does not have SLS. I was not aware that sodium lauryl sulfate had anything to do with the thickening of soap. I do use a foaming dispenser for it and it works great. :)