Dresses 24/7

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by DukeMadThane • May 8, 2015.

1. DukeMadThane

DukeMadThaneMember

Threads:
    In the last 5 years or so, I have changed to exclusively wearing dresses. I used to wear jeans and dress pants, but since I gained weight a few years ago, I now swear by dresses. They are so comfortable and can stretch to accommodate weight gain; though, I admit sometimes I forget I am wearing one and have flashed a lot of people incidentally.

2. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I don’t exclusively wear dresses, but I do love them and I’d say I wear them more than half the time. At least, when the weather allows. They’re so easy to throw on and look polished without a lot of effort. Or when I do feel like putting in a little more effort, they’re easy to accessorize and remix. I also find them far more comfortable than most jeans and trousers.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lol. Be careful of perverts, OP lol. I used to be a tomboy. In fact, I'd say that a tomboy streak still exists within me, though I am a lot more feminine now. But even though I am a lot more inclined to participate in traditionally girly activities, and wear make-up and such, I still will not wear dresses. They are terribly uncomfortable for me. I feel exposed. Lol. It's hard to explain.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to wear dresses for work all the time or during summer, but now I prefer my comfy yoga pants. It depends on the temperature and length of the dress, but dresses are better in hot climates or indoors.

I'm not a dress person, but like them for special events.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to mix it up and switch it up all the time. I wear dresses and pants in equal measure and enjoy both. Dresses and skirt just make me feel more girlie and lady-like LOL. I actually wish I had more dresses and skirts!

6. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I pretty much wear dresses/skirts exclusively. It started when I was about 9 and got into reading historical fiction. I started wearing them whenever I could, then when I went to a summer music program for 4 weeks in HS, my mother wasn't there to tell me to wear pants and I just didn't. Didn't even think about it. Then in college I pretty much dropped wearing pants and now only wear them for things like yard work. I got a "bloomers" though, which are like slip material but like shorts, so if anyone thinks they can get a peep under my skirt they are in for a disappointment, nothing to see here.

7. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I like throwing a non-form fitting dress over my head and going on with my day, just for the simplicity of it. Nothing like a nice "house dress" to lounge around in at home, even run errands in, do housework in. Sweats are comfortable too though, and so I'll throw on a pair of sweats underneath a casual dress just to keep things "civilized", lol, especially if I plan to be out and about.

8. Femiluv

FemiluvMember

Threads:
    I love dresses and have worn them exclusively for the past 5 years. I wear dresses and skirts despite the cold (thank you fleece tights). I think most body types can find a dress that is flattering, which is not necessarily the case with pants and shorts. Dresses are comfortable and work well for long trips or flights when I don't want to be bothered by wearing something super restrictive like pants or a belt.

9. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    It’s so true. Even if your proportions are close to what most manufacturers’ standards, it’s usually much easier to find a dress that fits well than it is to find nicely-fitting trousers, jeans or shorts. That’s why dresses are definitely one of my shortcuts to looking good without having to think too hard about it.

10. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    Dresses are very comfortable to me. They are airy and it is a relief not to feel the squeeze of a band at my waist, from a skirt or pants. I wear pants for sports and housework, but other than that, I enjoy wearing dresses.

11. Femiluv

FemiluvMember

Threads:
    @

. Exactly! Also, I feel like outfit-wise, I'm more creative with dresses because my options are endless. I can dress it up, down, pair with with tights etc. When I wore pants, the most I did it terms of dressing it up was pair it with heels. Yay dresses!

12. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    I love dresses but my problem is is that dresses don't always fit me perfectly. It's because I have a bigger bust and a flat behind and my body is just not proportionate at all. If I buy a big dress that would fit my bust, it would be loose on my waist or it would be too long. If I buy a dress that fits everything else perfectly, my bust won't let me close the dress. I have some dresses that fit quite nice but it's rare to find one that I really really like. The only dress I have that I really like is one I got tailored for a formal event. I hope stores have more dresses that fit different body types!