Dresses or Separate Clothing Items

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by chiofthenorns • Sep 1, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    At work, I am required to wear office attires. However, because I find it difficult to spend a lot of time browsing through clothing stores, I always end up buying dresses either in local stores or online. I prefer wearing dresses and partnering them with blazers or sweaters because they are trendy. Also, I do not experience the agony of choosing the right top and pants/skirt combination every day. I just put the dress on, choose which shoes I should wear, and voila! I am ready to leave and face the day.

I always buy dresses from Forever 21, ZARA, and Marks and Spencer. How about you? Which do you prefer? Do you choose pants/top combination over dresses?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am the same as you, I prefer dresses and you can change the jacket or cardigan to change the look. I don't mind plain black pants as you can do the same with a plain tank underneath the jacket, but skirts are nightmare. Finding the right heel height and tights and jacket length.
    I have never been a fan of skirts as it takes too long to coordinate and they are not as versatile for me.

3. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I am a fan of both dresses and separate clothing items. It all depends on how I am feeling that particular day. I love the ease of just finding one item to choose without having to match it with other items.

4. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I like both. I wear a lot of dresses during the summer and on special occasions. I wear separate clothing to like job interviews and around the house. If I do not feel like dressing up, I normally just put on pajamas or a t shirt and jeans.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always been a jeans and shirt kind of girl. However, this year I decided to venture out into skirts and dresses and I have been loving those more and more every month. Over the last few months I have bought more dresses and skirts that I did my whole life. And you are right, wearing dresses is so much easier because you don't have to pair them with anything, they're just gorgeous on their own.