Drinking Green Tea

Discussion in Food & Drink started by mistymi • Apr 1, 2014.

1. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I read about some of the benefits of green tea and it is supposed to help reduce stress and make you calmer. Is this true for you because I always feel more anxious after I drink it and mine has no caffeine. I don't add any other ingredients or liquid, just water. Either way I still enjoy the taste. Is there any specific type of green tea you like and would recommend?

2. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    I know drinking green tea has many benefits which include weight loss, skincare, tooth decay, diabetes and depression. I not sure which brand is best but as you have said that it makes you more anxious, I wanted to suggest that you try chamomile, as a lot of people use it as a sleep aid. From personal experience I have found it to be very relaxing.

3. khillis

khillisMember

Threads:
    Green tea is great for you. It is an item that helps your body to be more alkaline (it is when your body is acidic that issues begin to arise). It is true that it will help with stress and anxiety, so I am not quite sure why you are feeling so anxious after consuming it. I drink organic green tea and put a slice of fresh ginger in, adding fresh lemon juice is beneficial as well.

4. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    Green Tea is supposed to have many health benefits but only a few of them have been properly tested and verified. Green tea should have some caffeine in it. If yours has none, something has been done to remove the caffeine. The amount is much lower in green tea than in coffee or regular tea.

I enjoy my green tea in the early afternoon as opposed to a cup of coffee. I find it milder, a bit relaxing and stimulating at the same time. While there are a lot of green teas on the market, I go into the Asian food section of the grocery store and get the basic green tea. It always costs less than half the price of green tea in the coffee/tea aisle and tastes the same to me.

For those who want green tea with a boost, try Matcha it is a dark green tea more similar to coffee in its denseness. It has a good caffeine kick and health benefits too.