Drinking Water

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Nikkishea21 • Dec 29, 2014.

1. Nikkishea21

Nikkishea21Member

Threads:
    Water is essential for the overall functioning of the body and we need it in large amounts on a daily basis.

Was there ever a day for you that was filled with so many activities and when it came to a close you realize you did not drink any water for the entire day?

2. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That happened to me a lot Nikki, but recently a doctor opened my eyes once again and now I am making the effort to drink at least two liters of water per day. If we think about it, our body is mainly water so it makes total sense that we need a good amount of it so that the body works properly.

3. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    There has been times where I have forgot to drink water in large time periods during the day, however, I become far too thirsty to not drink any water in a day. Normally, I try to keep drinking water as frequently as possible throughout the day, although if this is not possible, I will try and get the adequate amount whenever I can. A day full of activities can definitely keep you from thinking about other things such as eating and drinking, however, that thirst that follows not drinking water for a few hours is very noticeable and drives you to drink (at least for me). Nonetheless, if you are having trouble remember to drink water throughout the day, you need to make a conscious effort to as there are a plethora of benefits from drinking adequate amounts of water.

4. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually, this happened to me two days ago - I'd been so busy all day, with various people and things demanding my attention, that it took me until 3 pm to realise I'd not had a drink since 8 am that morning! It is so important to keep hydrated, the health benefits are immeasurable. I just drink water from the tap, we are lucky to have decent drinking water here in the UK and I really begrudge paying for bottled water.

5. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    I have never gone a day without drinking something-- but there have been days when I haven't drank any water - and I certainly paid for it in the long run - there was a week i did not drink much other than coffee and unfortunately after a few days I started to feel awful - my body was tired and sluggish - my stomach was uneasy. Don't care to go through that again.

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, it's impossible for me to drink not a single water for a day. The least number of glasses I was able to drink in a day was two. I had a hectic schedule then and was so caught up in what I was doing that I was able to drink water once in the morning after brushing my teeth and once in the evening while trying to take my medicine. It doesn't happen all the time, though.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I couldn't go without water for a whole day, I'd feel absolutely parched, irritable, lethargic and I'd probably have a raging headache. There used to be a time when I actually hated water and found it a chore to drink it. But over time it's become habit and I really rather like it, whether it's plain water or flavoured water, although on most days I prefer plain water.

I live in a country where temperatures reach 28 degrees celcius and above on a daily basis, so it's even more important for me to hydrate. I drink 500ml-1 litre a day, which contrary to popular belief is adequate (some people believe you have to drink more, a fallacy LOL)

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    This has happened to me a few times as well where I was so busy and distracted I forgot that I haven't drunk any water for a long time. Also sometimes I'd even forget to eat but that's more rare since I hate feeling hungry so I tend to notice it for the most part. Nowadays I don't forget to drink anymore though and I even almost always carry around water bottles with me.

9. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Yup. This kind of thing has happened to me quite a few times as well. Whenever I'm at school and I'm cramming for a test or I'm doing something for my organization, I often find myself finishing the day without drinking water. I know that I need to drink at least 8 glasses a day but sometimes you just forget things whenever you're busy. I also try to not drink any water before leaving for and from school because I always need to go to the bathroom after I drink water. Which kinda sucks because I need to plan my schedule and consider this sort of thing for my daily activities.

10. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    I have forgot to drink water a few times being busy at work, we don't get a lunch break, its eat on the job sort of thing and I don't drink water from the tap at work so while I am there it's usually hot drinks once my drink runs out. I drink way more coffee then I should at work and will be making a conscious effort to not do this anymore as when I get home I can't sleep.

11. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best way to go around that sarz is just to have the 1.5 liter water bottle in your work desk and force yourself to drink a little more than you want to. If you manage to do that in the end of the working day you drank the whole 1.5 liters and your body will thank you. ;)

12. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What is amazing is that even though our bodies need such large amounts of water to function, on a daily basis, it'll still work even if we do not consume the needed amount. Our bodies are amazing. Given, our bodies do not and will not perform to maximum capacity, if we do not drink the required amount of water daily. But the fact that they function at all is warming lol. I can go long periods of time without drinking water, but my body definitely suffers for it. A lot of people think that they have these really serious illnesses. But in actual fact they are just severely dehydrated!!!

13. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    This has happened to me a lot but I have never tried avoiding drinking water as I think it is quite essential for your daily requirements. I believe it is really easy to get going with a bottle of water along side.

14. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Waster is really essential for our health. But not only that it makes us healthy, it also makes us beautiful. It is good for our skin. It improves its appearance. Water also increases the absorption of nutrients in our body. Once we are hydrated, the more effective our body functions. On the other hand, when we are dehydrated, the poorer our body functions. So, it's really important that we drink plenty of water a day. Not too much, just that the amount that we need depending on our lifestyle. Athletes need more.

15. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, you are right on the beauty front. I know some people who complain about water retention in their faces? Or just puffy faces. When I suggested that they start to drink more water, and at what times drinking the water would be most effective for their bodily functions, their facial puffiness was reduced dramatically or went away altogether. There is science behind this, but I forget it now. I just know that it works lol. Not only that, but as you mentioned, it is good for the skin. It helps to flush the liver out, and get those toxins out of our system, so that we may have clearer skin and a better functioning body. Not only that but it also lubricates joints.

16. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I have been so busy I have 'forgotten' but I will stop to drink and often a down a glass or two in one go which means I was past the point of being thirsty. I do try to drink before that, because I lose concentration when I have less water. I always have a bottle with me in case though and when I am down to the last sip, I will save it for an emergency especially if I am traveling.

17. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I find that I drink less water when it's colder outside because I'm always reaching for a cup of hot coffee or tea to warm myself up. And then, at the end of the day, I realize what I've done and vow that I'll do better the next day. I do find success when I just automatically fill a large cup with water first thing in the morning. That way, it's out and usually within reach and I grab it for a drink without even thinking about it.

18. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    Water should comprise around 55-70% of your body. It's important for you to drink around 3 - 5 liters every single day. Water literally helps a lot of your body parts function, even your brain.

As a coach, I always help my clients get enough water in the day and I always suggest that they bring around a 1-lit bottle like what I do. Bringing water around with you encourages you to drink more. When you're just sitting down on the computer, just drink water. When you're watching TV, just drink water. It's quite simple to drink water, but what people are lazy about is the fact that they have to go to the restroom every 15 minutes or so.

19. lucyarty

lucyartyMember

Threads:
    This happened to my husband once - we were sitting together in a large-ish audience when he suddenly said he felt horrible and needed to get out, so we pushed past everyone in their chairs (I felt really embarrassed because obviously everyone was looking at us) and as soon as we got out of the room he passed out. I was worried, but it turned out it was just because he hadn't drunk enough that day! He often forgets, apparently. I'm always drinking water - it's cheap and easily accessible. We're lucky to live in a place where this is the case.

20. GoldenWing

GoldenWingMember

Threads:
    I rarely drink the eight glasses of water needed, mainly because I forget. I think that during the day with all the drinks I take the daily dose of water is covered, but I haven't bothered to really check.

So far, no negative effects, and I hope it stays that way.