Drugstore Cosmetics and Department Store Cosmetics

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Athenagdlyt • May 10, 2014.

1. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    Makeup can take a big chunk of a woman's budget especially among those who have to wear cosmetics daily. We see beauty products sold at drugstores. These are often priced lower than the designer brands sold at department store outlets.
    I think nail polish, lipstick, and mascara are OK to buy at drugstores, since these are often bought and should be replaced often. Liquid and powder foundations, as well as blushes are best bought at department store outlets from reputable brands that work well on our skin.

For the sake of savings, what kinds of drugstore makeup brands can you recommend?

2. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    Well I usually only buy mascara and nail polish from drug stores because I am a big fan of department store beauty products. However, Cover girl has a good selection of quality beauty product for decent prices. I personally do not mind their foundation because it is light and does well mimicking my natural skin complexion.

3. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I'm broke as anything, and don't bother wearing make up that much of the time, so I don't bother getting all the expensive department store bull. I usually get my make-up from CVS or Wal-Mart. My Wal-Mart just recently started selling e.l.f cosmetics, which I am so happy about! For the longest time, only Target sold e.l.f in stores, and the closest Target is an hour long drive away from me, so I never go. E.l.f is awesome because it's both cheap and non animal tested. Getting non animal tested make up used to be impossible, because that stuff was EXPENSIVE. ("Beauty Without Cruelty", I'm looking at you) So the fact that they now sell non animal tested make up products, for cheap, and it's being sold locally has me jumping for joy! :D

I don't understand spending tons of money of make up really? Like, I've seen some eye shadow palettes that sell for like 30 or 40 dollars! That's insane! That enough money for groceries for a week!! I just don't get it.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We are totally on the same page. I think it's fine to buy nail polish, mascara, and lipgloss, even eyeshadows a the drugstore, but if I'm buying foundation, concealer or powder, everything related to the face, I definitely prefer to buy those at department stores from brands that I know and trust. There are some brands at the drugstore I'm okay with buying some face products from. For example, the Revlon Colorstay foundation is good, and also they have some good face powders. But I generally du buy foundation and powder from deparment stores and brands i trust, like Mac, NARS or Clinique.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really wear much makeup. I buy eyeliner and mascara from a drugstore or Target. I prefer department store lipstick because I can always find the color I want. If I happen to find a lipstick that I like at a drugstore, it's a hit or miss whether I will be able to find it again.

6. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I've never bought any makeup from a department store. I cannot afford to do so, and don't really have a desire to. I buy all my makeup at either CVS/Rite-Aid (they have awesome deals sometimes) or Walmart. My Loreal foundation costs $12 and I cannot fathom going any higher than that. It works amazingly! I dunno, department store makeup just seems like a waste...