Dslr Cameras For Photojournalists

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Avocadogirl • Mar 4, 2015.

1. Avocadogirl

AvocadogirlNew Member

Threads:
    I am trying to learn photography and am currently saving up for a DSLR camera. I want to be a journalist and am currently a student journalist for my school's yearbook and online newspaper.

Does anybody have any camera recommendations for photojournalists?

I just need it to be a starting point camera. In the future, if I need one I can buy a more expensive camera but for now I'll go with what I can afford.

I'm considering the Nikon D3300. Has anybody had any experience with this camera?

2. Nikole

NikoleMember

Threads:
    I have experience with the Nikon D5200. It's not the 3300, but I can attest to how much I've loved working with my Nikon. It gets really expensive with the add-ons you will probably want, such as lenses and filters, though. The kit lens I got with mine (18-55mm) just doesn't cut it for me anymore, and I've had mine for under a year. I can say that the D5200 is very user friendly for the beginner, but has a lot of options for me to grow as a photographer. I've heard good things about the 3300, but I also know the lens you end up with is going to make a huge difference in your photo quality as well.