Dual Sim Card phones - do you use them?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by lindbergh • Mar 9, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lenovo and other mobile phone manufacturers have been releasing dual sim card phones lately. These phones allow the user to use two sim cards on just one device. My girlfriend has a Lenovo phone and she puts two sim cards in it.

Have you used a dual sim phone or tablet before? Do you think that it's better to have a phone that allows two sim cards instead of one?

2. pahagwl

pahagwlActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I regularly use dual sim card phones. This is due to the reason that in India, getting a new cellphone connection is very easy. And I have got two separate connections for professional and personal use. The professional number is the one which I give out to people who are related to my work and the personal number is for family members only.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I intend to buy a dual sim Android phone because Sony offers one, the Sony Xperia E Dual, and I think that it would be a good buy, since I always have loved Sony Ericsson phones. I think having a dual sim phone is more convenient in the sense that you can carry 2 numbers in one phone, so that lessens the bulk in your purse or bag.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a Samsung dual Sim phone but since I don't do much calling, I don't find that very helpful to me. Nonetheless for people who want to save cash by using the cheapest service I think such phones are going to be very helpful. In fact, I'm starting to think about that right now.

5. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I've never had one as I've never had the need for having two different numbers.
    What practical need to you have for two numbers?

6. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    That is the exact phone I got! Can't say that it's anything amazing but it does what I expect from a low price smart phone so I'm happy with it.
    I haven't used the dual sim card feature yet but I surely will at some point, makes it so much easier when traveling for longer amounts of time. (a local sim card for calling etc and your own one so people can get in touch with you)

7. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    I used a dual-sim Samsung, but don`t expect to see an impressive performance. I mean this type of smartphone is reliable for voice calls, when you try to initiate a video call, you will get angry that not even Skype can normally function. The manufacturer is willing to sell a gadget able to host two sims, nothing more