Duff's Cake Kit

Discussion in Product Reviews started by ISUTracyG • Nov 10, 2013.

1. ISUTracyG

ISUTracyGNew Member

Threads:
    image.

I was going to make a birthday cake for my boyfriend and so I decided to spend a little more and purchase Duff's PB and Chocolate Premium Cake Kit since he is a huge peanut butter fan. It was a little pricey for a cake at 5.49 (available at Target), but I figured he was worth a couple extra bucks. :)
    The box was really heavy, said cake kit, and since it said I only needed water, eggs, and oil I figured everything I needed was included. Luckily I opened the box before I left the store, because contrary to the picture on the box, no frosting was included.
    After spending another couple bucks for some frosting, I went home to create my masterpiece.
    The instructions were pretty easy to start, however right away I noticed the picture again may be deceptive since it shows a 3 layer cake and there was only instructions and enough mix for two.
    It also said to cool the included peanut butter ganache for 20 minutes in the refrigerator, which seemed odd at the time, but I followed the directions to a T.
    When attempting to spread the ganache, it was hard as a brick and started to damage the cake layers so I suggest for others to avoid the refrigeration. After picking it up off the cake (yes, it was that clumped) I microwaved it for a few seconds and spread it on.
    Today we cut into it and it was delicious! The ganache is divine, I could just eat that alone straight out of the pouch. Boyfriend loved it.

I would recommend it to others, but be ready to apply a few tweaks to the lacking instructions.