Dunkin Donuts has gotten lazy

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Nick2011 • Jun 12, 2013.

1. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    So my Summer morning usual order at DD is a raisin bagel toasted with cream cheese. Along with a small lemonade. However the last three times I've ordered from them, they've not cut/sliced my bagel in half like they used to. They leave it whole. As if I'm supposed to just jam the whole bagel into my mouth at once like a burger, and take a big bite of it. Not so. This kind of laziness annoys me. Although it is no trouble for me to cut the bagel myself, still....if Subway can take the time to slice their foot longs in half, surely the guy at DD can take the time to slice a singular bagel in half.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How do they toast it if it's not cut in half? The inside would be untoasted when you slice it. In order to toast the cut sides, they're supposed to slice it in half and toast the halves.
    Maybe you should ask them politely to do it. Don't be too firm because you don't want them spitting in your food. It's adorable that you have a special morning order in summer. What do you order from them in the fall?

3. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

They do slice it in half but I mean after it's sliced in half they are supposed to then cut it down the middle to make two halves of a whole bagel. That's my complaint. Otherwise, it's like a sandwich. And I don't think Bagels are supposed to be eaten like a sandwich. As for the fall, I usually go with a frosted coffee roll and a hot chocolate. Or a Boston Creme and a hot chocolate. I don't really know about that though because I don't check the bagel before I leave the place so I only find out they didn't cut it own the middle when I get home. But I am not gonna risk them tainting my food just because they didn't slice it down the middle. And complaining. I actually think I might try the other Dunkin Donuts which is about a 15 minute walk from my house as opposed to a 5 or 10 minute one. That one is new, and I've never patronized it before so perhaps next time I'll give them a try.:D

4. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I'm sure they'll do it if you ask, though. Usually if I'm at a fast food place or deli or something and I want something done a certain way, the person is not offended by my asking for it. After all, they've got lots of customers, and they won't necessarily remember you specifically and your preferences.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I noticed the same thing with Burger King and their chicken sandwiches. The BK chicken sandwich is long, like a small sub sandwich, and they used to cut them in half like a sub.
    Now they don't cut them in half and that small gesture taken away makes it seem like they don't care or they're too lazy.

I could cut the sandwich in half myself, and I do. But they were cutting them in half for 20 years, so I'm still kind of caught off guard when I unwrap one and it's whole.

6. SuperSecretSanta

SuperSecretSantaNew Member

Threads:
    I really do think that they must be doing a whole lot of "little things" like this which turn people away. We have a Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins combo store in our town which is always empty. Meanwhile the Sweetfrog and the local coffeshop (which serves donuts & pastries) across the street are always packed.

7. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I thought I was the only one having these complaints in my head(haha).
    I still remember going to dunkin donuts when I was a child and the employees were always so glad to do extra work like handing out napkin with the order or a cup holder and of course cutting the sandwiches.
    I honestly feel like people are getting lazy at this point or we all just aren't lucky with the employees anymore(who knows).

8. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    The thing that has always bothered me about DD is that they have a totally inadequate menu for the drive-thru. No images and no prices for the their donuts! You have to either go inside, or have the cashier read from the list of donuts while trying to imagine what you might be getting. It's just dumb. They could at least take the time to display their basic donuts (with prices). Anyway, the DD that opened in my town lasted only a year. I'm sure their drive-thru menu played a part. I stopped going there because they didn't seem too interested in selling the very thing they became famous for.

9. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    They are very lazy at my local Dunkins. I would go early in the morning to grab hot donuts, and unfortunately they would give me cold donuts. I asked for tea and they gave me watery ice coffee. I never complain because, I don't want them to tamper with my food. I just chose to go elsewhere.

10. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

Ok the one where I mentioned in this thread at the beginning is a Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins combo too. The new one that just opened up short distance from my house though, is just a Dunkin Donuts by itself. Which is why I might try that one from now on.

11. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

Their donuts are priced at like one dollar I think. And they aren't very good. I love their frosted rolls, bowties, and stuff. But their glazed donuts can't touch Krispy Kremes. And that raisin bagel I order in the morning with cream cheese is $2.50. Which I guess is a decent price by New York standards.

12. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    Maybe you have better service at the other Dunkin Donuts beings as it is only that. You are right though some of these places are getting really lazy or just don't care how they serve their food. Hopefully the other Dunkin Donuts will be a better choice.

13. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Oddly enough, as I walked out, there was a man complaining about his breakfast sandwich. Someone gave him turkey one morning. But somehow on the morning I was there, he was given some other meat that wasn't turkey. His argument was I always get turkey. But the register lady said we don't do turkey. Only ham or Bologna. Weird.

14. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I guess that it depends on the person that is performing the service, because for the one that i been going to, i never had any reason to complain. But maybe that is because i always ask how i want my things while ordering.

15. Katewon1

Katewon1Member

Threads:

I've never in my life had Dunkin Donuts cut it like that. I've ordered a lot of bagels from there and we have about 5 million locations around me and never ever do they do that. You must have some real nice DD around you that they've done that in the past!

16. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    When you're served in a fast food restaurant, and the staff seems to careless, discourteous, and rude, don't take the time to serve your meal properly, sometimes it takes all of the strength inside of you not to complain. But I will never complain about restaurant staff when the States after what I heard about the restaurant staff tainting people's food! When I heard a story from a person who used to be a waiter in a restaurant, and about how they spit in people's food, I just decided that if my order is properly served to me at one restaurant, I just simply go to another one.

17. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is one of many reasons I will never eat at a fast food restaurant. I had many friends that worked in one or the other throughout my teen years and I know the things they and others did to the food. Same with processed foods... I know what's done to the foods many of you eat from grocery stores by the people that work in those factories (not all of course, but it's common). Even regular restaurants. I just don't know how clean the kitchen is or the people that work there. I sound anal, but no thank you lol.

18. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never actually tried Dunkin Donuts, it is still not a big brand over here in the UK although they are quite popular with young people.

This is a common trend for the big brands, they get complacent because they have cornered off the market and the quality drops.

19. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried Dunkin Donuts, but as a rule, I am starting to not trust any type of fast food place. As people here have said, it is the suspicion that someone might tamper with your food that gets me. And to me the tampering is not even the worst of it, it is the general uncleanliness that I think a lot of people have. Reminds me of a friend of mine who loves to cook, but does not love to wash her hands.

Hopefully, when you place your order, if you request beforehand that your bagel be cut, they will do it without any "issues". I must confess, all this talk about donuts makes me want to go out and buy a few. I like Krispy Kreme, but would not mind trying at least one Dunkin' Donut just to see how it tastes.

20. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I'm right there with you...it's not that it's a big deal to do these things, but there should be some kind of standard, too. All these places getting lazy and cheap :(.