Dunkin Donuts vs Krispy Kreme

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by MindyT • Sep 25, 2013.

1. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I was wondering which donut shop is preferred. In my area, we have a Krispy Kreme but not a Dunkin Donuts. I grew up with several DD shops only minutes apart from each other, and I miss the Boston Kremes and strawberry frosted. I especially miss their iced coffees.
    I do like Krispy Kreme donuts when they are fresh and still warm, but I think they are too sweet.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer Krispy Kreme because you can smell that shop across the street when the doughnuts are being made. Dunkin' Donuts has bad customer service and I don't notice or smell doughnuts being made when I go there.

3. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Ahahah oh wow, that is so true. Maybe it's just a matter of placebo, but godamm, when i am about to get those delicious donuts, i can always smell them a bunch of blocks away!

4. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    I love the Bagels there...i was just a random thought to go to the Dunkin Donuts and now it is a regular habit..

5. ml318

ml318New Member

Threads:
    Krispy Kreme donuts are the best they make them fresh right there in front of you and they are to die for. Dunkin Donuts is all about the coffee they have the awesome coffee without a doubt. If only someone got Krispy Kreme's donuts and Dunkin Donuts coffee and put them together in a store you might be on to something there, call it Dunkin Krispy's I don't know about you but I would be there.

6. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    Krispy Kreme has better donuts. They are especially better when they are fresh and hot. Dunkin Donuts has let me down so many times that I have lost track. Krispy Kreme doesn't offer much to my liking besides glazed donuts. They need more diversity in their menu. I rate Dunkin Donuts as a 2 out of 10 due to poor customer service and food quality. Krispy Kreme gets a 5 out of 10 for their tasty donuts.

7. gracie

gracieMember

Threads:
    Dunkin Donuts used to be my all time favorite place but I agree it hasn't been the best. Don't think we have Krispy Kreme in where I am .I did however get a taste of donuts from Tim Hortons when I was in Vancouver,I'd actually say I prefer Dunkin over that.

8. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I grew up with Dunkin Donuts and I thought they were good. When I came to the west coast there was a big splash with the first Krispy Kreme shops. They are good when hot and fresh but they dont last in my opinion. They are airy and light and very sweet, but they do not have the body Dunkin donuts has. I also agree with the poster on the bagel sandwiches at Dunkin Donuts and the coffee being very good.

9. Danna Brown

Danna BrownNew Member

Threads:
    Me personally, I prefer Krispy Kreme. The donuts are soft and moist. They nearly melt in your mouth. Oh, and you can smell them from a distance away. I've always wondered what they put in them to make them that way. They are great with Dunkin Donuts coffee though! Also their customer service is great, they are fast and convenient when you are in a hurry. I know that they don't provide them where I live, but do they have any drive-thrus anywhere else. That would be a fantastic upgrade.

10. Steverd

SteverdMember

Threads:
    WOW, my story Exactly! I grew up in Maryland where there was a Dunkin Donuts in every city. I traveled around the USA and ended up in the Washington. There are no DD close to me (OR Chick Fil-a). But I love DD so much better over Krispy Kreme. Yes, we do have a Krispy Kreme here, I haven't had one for years, I think I eat too many and they made me sick. I haven't had one since. I also miss the CREAM FILLED, especially the white/butter cream filled. NO ONE in my city can makes them like DD did...

11. cinderr

cinderrMember

Threads:
    I only had krispy kreme once in Vegas. Yum! They literally melt in your mouth. I'm sure I could eat half a dozen in a sitting! But you can't beat DD. Their doughnuts are soft and sweet and delicious and they're nearby! I go there more than I should but less than I want to!The Boston Cream is my favorite too but I like those little munchkins, chocolate. Pricewise, I think they are comparable or am I wrong, only having had them that one time?

12. BradHemphill

BradHemphillNew Member

Threads:
    I actually prefer Dunkin Donuts by quite a large margin. Krispy Kreme donuts are good, but they are just too sweet. As an example, a Krispy Kreme with chocolate on the top doesn't taste much different at all to me than a regular glazed. Too much.

13. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Hands down, it's Krispy Kreme for me (wish I had some right now)! I just don't like the texture of Dunkin Donuts' donuts. I love donuts and I remember the first time I had one as a kid I thought they were so awful, especially the chocolate. I no longer have the option of my favorite source and donuts just haven't been the same since they went out of business. If I go to CA I like to go to Winchell's though.

14. yellowbird

yellowbirdMember

Threads:
    OH MY GOODNESS. I prefer Krispy Kremes all the way. Usually I like a cake donut best, but something about the buttery warmth of a melt-in-your-mouth Krispy Kreme beats any donut hands down. :p

15. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Krispy kreme, no questino!! So much better and fresher, and the customer service is much better overall. I miss Krispy kreme :(.

16. RomanAnthonysMama

RomanAnthonysMamaMember

Threads:
    I was just talking about this the other day to my fiance and his best friend. We have a bunch of Dunkin Donut's here, but no Krispy Kreme's. I haven't been to Krispy Kreme's, but I think I'd have to say Dunkin Donuts no matter what since I go there so much! I'm always ordering a french vanilla iced coffee extra extra sugar melted with extra caramel swirl. ;) All of that for only 350 calories, so you can't go wrong! I'd definitely say that down here, DD's is preferred, but then again, we don't have Krispy Kreme's so maybe we don't count!

17. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    Sadly I've only been to the dunkin donuts one and I still always get the French twisted donut every time so I suppose what shop I get it in doesn't really concern me at this point. However many people apparently prefer the other one so I'm definitely on the hunt for it now.

18. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    We have both, and I have to admit, I'm still a Dunkin fan over Krispy Kreme. Krispy Kreme, to me, is an instant sugar headache. Dunkin seems to hit a little slower and the goodness seems to last a little longer.

I'm a big fan of the classic cake donut, and Dunkin does it best. I also like Dunkin's coffee better. To me, Krispy Kreme is a fad. I actually live in Winston-Salem, NC, the birthplace of Krispy Kreme, so I'm kind of a heretic for saying all this. We also have a few friends who work in KK corporate who like to fight with me about my allegiance to Dunkin.

Krispy Kreme sponsors almost everything around here, so we can get them for free pretty much weekly. I'll eat them, when they are free, but when it comes to making a donut run, we go to DD.

Not to throw a monkey wrench in here, but are there any Shipley's fans out there? When I lived in Texas, KK came in and put Shipley's out of business in Waco, and I was SO SAD.

19. BradHemphill

BradHemphillNew Member

Threads:
    You Krispy Kreme people are just plain out of your minds. Dunkin Donuts all the way. Just look at clairebeautiful's avatar. Does that look like someone who doesn't know what he/she is talking about?

20. Kcmoney

KcmoneyNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer Krispy Kreme over Dunkin Donuts any day. They both provide coffee, but from my experience the donuts are what I go for. At Dunkin Donuts the donuts have a dry texture to them and I like my donuts moist and warm, that melt in your mouth. In recent years I have witnessed commercials for Dunkin Donuts and they now provide breakfast sandwiches. Like the croissanwiches that Burger King provides, but I hope they taste better than the donuts do.