Duplicate Subway's sandwiches?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Mayvin • Sep 7, 2014.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Have you ever tried to duplicate subway sandwiches? I have. I get the tuna, french bread, and all the fixings and although it will be good it won't be as good as Subway's. I don't know what they do to make it taste so different. Probably the bread, might be some sort of secret recipe. Maybe not even subway, have you tried to duplicate any other fast food?

2. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    Its funny you ask this question cause I always try to duplicate sandwiches I try to make them just as they are made at the substore some times they turn out well and sometimes they dont... I think it just a mind thing cause I know that I fix it myself. I also looked up the receipe to churchs and it turned out ok also. it cheaper it may not be the greatest but it good.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    You can easily make sandwiches *better* than Subway, I don't necessarily see the need to downgrade them to taste like Subway's. But if you insist, lol...

One of the main things I was told was that all their lunch meat is actually made from turkey - with maybe the exception of the ham and the grilled chicken patties, and perhaps the bacon, but the baloney and other stuff are all turkey-based. So I would maybe start by going to a discount grocery store and looking for that super cheap lunch meat that's made with a bunch of filler and turkey scraps and water. The stuff that's already pre-packaged and like 99 cents a pack. Pick up some white american cheese too while you are at the deli.

Then chop up your toppings and let them sit out at room temperature for several hours, so they become soft and slimy and the red onion in particular starts giving off a strong smell.

Check your bakery for a roll that's closest to the ones Subway sells, make sure it's really airy and light, and can be smashed flat easily.

Assemble your sandwich, with all your favorite toppings that are now stale, then squirt the equivalent of a cup or two of room temperature mayonnaise across the whole thing. Then flatten the sandwich down with all of your body weight until it's completely flat like a pancake. Put some effort into it too, imagine you are making this sandwich for someone you really hate. Then cut it in half and toss it into a plastic bag vertically so all the fillings and toppings slide to one end of the sub.