Durable Yet Inexpensive Clothing Brands

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Athenagdlyt • Jul 2, 2014.

1. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    The number of available brands of clothing in the market can get daunting. Our tastes in styles as well as our demands for functionality of what we wear dictate what we purchase. In terms of clothing brands, some of us have been loyal to certain brands because of durability. What brands do you think carry the most durable types of garments specifically for everyday use? I'm looking for the more inexpensive brands. What can you suggest?

2. limitless1585

limitless1585Member

Threads:
    I recommend Lining. I bought my last two pairs of sneakers from them and they are very durable, and inexpensive. I don't usually buy clothes from famous brands, and they are very durable.

3. davbopol13

davbopol13Active Member

Threads:
    You can buy brand names if you shop at thrift stores! I love finding a Liz Claybourne for dirt cheap, then of course washing it,lol. I do a lot of shopping at the thrift stores, I save a lot of money this way!

4. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    For all of my son's clothing, I go to Target. It is good enough quality that it will last for the amount of time that he wears it. I also don't mind shopping at Target or even Wal-mart. It might get a bad rep but sometimes they do have very cute items. Their items work just like any other company's: if you take care of it, it will last. I also like to hit up Old Navy once in awhile for the staples like shirts and flip-flops. If I need something a little dressier without wanting to break the bank, JCPenney is the first place I check. I've also recently started looking at Amazon for a few items and once again, I am very impressed with their prices.

5. nuka cola

nuka colaBanned

Threads:
    Vans has some nice shoes if you're looking for cheaper stuff, they're also pretty durable since they're considered a "skate" brand. Target has a lot of clothes for a cheap price too.

6. pfaemaster

pfaemasterMember

Threads:
    Well, you pose a difficult question, because most cheap clothes aren't that durable. I've wore Hollister, AE, A&F for years. I'm grown up & wanting to update my look. And I'm also tired of spending my money on stuff like that. Try stores like Forever 21 & Charolette Russe, where clothes are cheap.

Also, have a look at different sections for better deals. Like, for example, I'm starting to look more into the Misses sections instead of Juniors, and look at department stores. They have more pieces to put together that don't look like the "preppy" stuff and so you don't have the same exact outfit as 5 other girls that day.

7. Sam Tarly

Sam TarlyMember

Threads:
    Although many people assume that the more expensive a clothing item, the longer it'll last, that's just not the case. I have noticed often that clothes I spend more that $50 on tend to look worn out after a few wears, this depends on the material of the item of course, but usually anything with cotton in it "pills" after a few wears. I've found that Forever21 has surprisingly durable clothes at a very reasonable price, I bought a few basic camis from them last year for $1.40 and they still look as great as they did when I first bought them! So I would recommend trying out what works for you to figure out what brands you could get the most value from.

8. CraftsAndLooms

CraftsAndLoomsMember

Threads:
    There are many online brands that are less expensive and durable as well. Depends on your choice.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that being durable first and foremost depends on how the owner takes care of his stuff. You can buy cheap 2nd hand clothing, but it can last for years if handled and used with care. With that said, I think that you can't go wring with branded items, they tend to be durable than the rest like Nike, Skechers, Adidas, Gap, etc.

10. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really pay that much attention to brands. I buy clothes that are made from quality materials, such as cotton and linen. Also I pay a lot of attention to the dyes in a fabric. Usually it is quite obvious to me which garments will last for a long time and which ones will be fading and shrinking away within a few months. Personally, I wouldn't attach too much importance to brand names.

11. lionzfire122

lionzfire122Member

Threads:
    I'm not much at the brand looking type. I just shop at Salvation Armies or thrift stores. I will take my time all day if I have to. So set aside a dedicated shop day. When I did landscaping I would have problems wearing pants. I always found nice lightweight pants, leather boots or shoes, shirts, hats etc. I could find a very comfortable outfit for less than maybe $10, if that.

God bless, LIONZFIRE

12. thestoryteller1

thestoryteller1New Member

Threads:
    Hmmm...I am not sure where you are, or if they have those where you are...But, for good quality but inexpensive, I have 2 suggestions- Terranova and New Yorker. New Yorker I only started buying from recently, but at least here they aren't much expensive at all, and they constantly have huge discounts on things(I bought a skirt from them the other week that was a third of its original price, and it was great, except that it wasn't from the newest collection-perfect). Terranova I have been buying for years. They also have good discount, and they are really good for everyday wardrobe. And I even bought little black dress from there once, really simple and classic, and so far my favorite for years. A lot of things that I have bought for same prices don't survive more then 2 years or so, but the things from Terranova have definitely stayed in good condition.

13. Shoplady

ShopladyMember

Threads:
    I really love Old Navy. Good prices in general and great sales and I love their jeans and shorts. Tops and dresses can be hit or miss there and I've seen a lot of fading with some of their plain cotton tees and tanks, but I have lots of skirts, jeans and shorts that have held up really well. I also second the suggestion of Target - they have really cute clothes and great sales! I've gotten some things there that all my friends thought were designer outfits, I just stay quiet and smile...

14. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Clothing stores like forever 21 and H&M are inexpensive, but they are not that durable. So if you are looking for inexpensive and durable clothing, I suggest going to stores like Ross, Marshall's and TJ Maxx, where you can buy brand clothing for a very nice discount price.

15. Nancy Thomas

Nancy ThomasNew Member

Threads:
    There are various brands available, you can go with Benetton, Camal Gori, Mango etc. I have shopped from

online, it has awesome collection, with branded apparel and cost is also reasonable. Sometimes you can get discounts also on certain brands.

16. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I second this. I often shop at these stores, and my tactic is to know brands and sizes ahead of time, so I don't rely on the 'compare at' prices on the tags. There was actually a story recently about how those are higher, which is no surprise, because of course they're going to compare it to the same item at the most expensive price, to maximize the benefit you feel you're getting. Being familiar with the brands and their quality and durability, you can set a price in your head, and then determine whether or not the store is charging a fair price. If not, keep moving. Having the information up front helps to go through more items quickly, saving you time.

@limitless1585@limitless1585 I've never heard of Lining, I'll have to look into them, to see what I'm missing.

17. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Old Navy has always been my go to place for cheap clothes that will last for a while. I believe most of the clothes are made in India and other Middle Eastern countries and that is why they can offer the clothes for such good prices here in the US. I have bought clothes from that store that lasted me for years.

18. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I actually love my Uniqlo clothes. My basic shirts have been around for years now and they do not show any signs of old age. They still look quite new to me. And their fabric is not thin unlike Forever 21 or Cotton On shirts. My Uniqlo pants and leggings still fit nicely. They have not shrunk or tore in our washing machine. I really recommend this brand for quality made products!

19. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy both branded items and cheap but durable as well. Forever 21 is also popular here for their classy clothing items and accessories although expensive. I wear Forever 21 in formal gatherings. But for picnics or camp outs, I just wear the cheap but durable. And who would say it is cheap when they know that I buy signature clothes, hahahaaa.

20. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    So far I’ve had quite good luck with Target. I’m a big fan of their basics. I’ve also heard great things about Uniqlo but can’t personally vouch for them. That may change, since I’m curious to see if their stuff lives up to the hype. But generally, it is indeed about how well you take care of your items. I’ve always been quite meticulous about that, so I’ve had things from the dirt-cheapest stores ever last me for years sometimes.