DVDs and Blue-Ray

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by difrancprod • May 3, 2013.

1. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I think Blueray DVDs are way too much expensive. Do you buy those or do you stick with the ordinary DVDs?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't own a blue ray DVD, and I don't think I will ever buy one, even if the video quality is a lot more clear than regular DVD's. I'm quite content with regular DVD's anyway, and besides, you basically get to watch the same content, so there's no need to buy the more expensive variant.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I buy blu-rays and I play it on our PS3. I think the picture quality is worth it, but I don't buy every movie I like, just ones that might look better on Blu ray. Otherwise, I just stream them online legally. The ones I buy are usually action or fantasy movies because they tend to have the sounds and visuals that you would really want to be at their best when played.

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's normal for Blu-rays to be more expensive than DVDs because they store more data, have higher quality, and is made of newer technology. The same goes with DVDs as compared to CDs. DVDs are more expensive than CDs because of the same reasons that Blu-ray discs are more expensive than DVDs. Like DrRipley, I mainly purchase Blu-ray for my PS3. As for movies, I just stick with DVDs and downloads.