E-bay Hacked

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Denis Hard • May 22, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you thought that some sites were impregnable as far as security is concerned, think twice. eBay let the cat out of the bag yesterday.
    So while you'd been happily shopping on ebay for the last two months, they've been hiding the fact that the site had been hacked. Something which poses a serious issue to ebay users because their personal information was stolen. That means the hacker can masquerade as you on the net [even though they didn't get to access databases that had financial information].

So for the ebay users who haven't heard the news, get over there and change your passwords.

2. Fauxpat

FauxpatMember

Threads:
    Luckily I haven't used ebay in nearly four years so there was no information on there that was current. Obviously, other than name the only things that were still up to date were my phone number and the city I live in (although the zip is different now). Still, it's better to be safe than sorry, so I went ahead and changed everything. You never know what someone can find even with little information.

3. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    Anything can be hacked. It just takes time for people to figure out how to hack a certain website. Everything online comes down to a matrix of numbers and letters. There will always be ways to break through any security. If you know how it was created, you can figure out a way in.

I wish I knew how to hack for reasons I will not say.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hopefully your reasons don't include stealing from people. People work for their money.

I can say why I wish I could hack. If I could hack, I would make my student loan debt disappear and take my name and number off of all the telemarketers' lists. :D

5. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wish I knew how to hack too. I wish I was intelligent enough for the reasons you said and also to get back money that was scammed away from me either by computer virus or outright. Also maybe if I knew how to hack I could find a job.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was very shocked to learn about the eBay hacking. Nothing is really safe. It makes me wonder how long will it be before PayPal is hacked.

I wish I had serious hacking skills. I'm not interesting in stealing or even creating viruses. The job and business opportunities would be boundless. I also wish I had serious coding skills.

7. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I saw that! It worried me a little bit, but I changed my passwords and everything, and nothing in my store seemed amiss, so I think I'm good. Besides, my store is so tiny and I've only had it for a few months, I don't think a hacker would even bother with it. There's been a lot of hacking going on lately. eBay, Paypal (that was a rumor though), Target, Facebook, Twitter and etc. It's very strange. I don't recall there ever being such an influx of hacking into such big companies before. Then again, with the actually good hackers, you would never have even known they were in the system in the first place. It's like with that saying about thieves; only the bad thieves are the famous ones.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was emailed by Ebay like a week ago to change my password because they were hacked, so I did. But the bad part about it is that I forgot my new password, so I have to reset it again, lol. I'm not surprised that even Ebay can be hacked, because all websites have some vulnerability to them, but only the smartest ones who have a lot of computer knowledge can break in to those websites. Think "geek" people. Oh well, I'm not alarmed anyway, since my Ebay account is only a buyer's account and I rarely use it now.

9. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    No need to go into details but whats worth hacking is worth hacking for money. :p

10. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    That's crazy, I mean E-bay should at least let their users know right away! I'm not a frequent user of E-bay and I haven't been there for a long time but since I'm an almost daily user of PayPal, I really hope that the same thing will not happen.