Earphone problems

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by deathbyprayer • Aug 12, 2014.

1. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    So I bought a pair of replacement earphones with a microphone on a local electronic shop in my place and I tried it out on my phone and it was not functioning as I expected. Even though the earphones are plugged in properly, it doesn't register on the phone and I can still hear the sound coming out of the speakers on the phone at the same time in my earphones. I'm not sure what's in fault here, are there anyways to fix this?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you still hear sound on the phone speaker then the ear phones are faulty. Maybe they are not compatible with your phone? I've had something like that happen to me. I plugged in an earphone and phone 'told' me that the charger has been plugged in. Best thing to do is take your earphones and phone back to the store where you bought them and ask them to fix them on the phone.

Since they won't work, they'll be left with no option but to either refund your money or give you earphones that work.

3. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    If you've just bought the headphone you might as well just bring back to the store. You can ask about your problem or just get it exchanged. I understand that bringing it back seems like a hassle and if it's possible fix it yourself but why risk voiding the warranty if there's still one, right?

If you insist, have you tried checking the settings. Maybe you need to change the settings.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm having a headphone problem to where the volume control on the chord is acting weird. When it gets past a certain volume, only the right side works. I like loud music, so this is an issue for me. I have to keep the volume control on low to kind of medium.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you tried inserting and putting the earphone plug in and out several times? Because sometimes the phone can't read the hardware at first, but eventually it does read the phone if you re-insert it. If you have done that many times already but to no avail, then I guess you should just try to replace the earphone with a more compatible one by returning it and testing the other earphones available at the store.

6. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    This is a compatibility issue. If you look at the jack of your earphones you'll notice rings. Sometimes these rings are two or three. If the rings are three it means that it has a microphone and control function which sometimes can be a bit of a nuisance when it comes to phones since most of the time you'll need a more compatible set.

If you notice you can press the button on the microphone of the earphones and you'll hear the earphones are functioning well, try listening to some tunes on your phone. You'll hear mono first and once your press the microphone button it goes stereo. If that happens to you then take those earphones back to the electronic shop and ask for a compatible replacement.

7. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    This has happened quite a lot of time to me too. It is very important to check whether you have connected the plug to the phone thoroughly. I know it sounds really silly, but I do not think any other reason would be very effective. Try inserting the earphones again and again to check whether your phone is actually reading the earphone or not.

8. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    They do seem pretty buggy, maybe you should return it and try to get a new pair? I remember my old Lumia 900 had a lot of weird audio problems, mainly involving the speakerphone but that's another case. Maybe you can tell use what model of phone you have, so we can get a better idea of what's up?

9. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I would think that it's the earphones themselves. I would suggest then that bring it back to store where you bought and have it replaced. It's the earphones that are malfunctioning, not your phone. And if it turned out the earphones are really like that, still bring it back to store and have it replaced with a different model of an earphones. Opps, don't also discount the possibility that it might just be you; maybe the earphones are not plugged in thoroughly. Check on it.

10. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Another pair of earbuds has some kind of weird issue where if a song is bass heavy, something rattles inside the earbud. I can hear it clearly and it's annoying. I try to see if I can fix it, but I don't want to make it worse.