Eating at concerts or music festivals

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Gelsemium • May 27, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When you guys go to a concert or a music festival do you carry your own food from home or do you go to the long lines and pay the crazy amounts of money they ask for a burger?

In my case I do both, I take my own food, but if by the end of the night I am starving and still have some money on me I go buy something.

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    There always seems to be something special at these functions. So I bring snack and things but save my money so I can buy a candied apple, or an elephant ear. Usually I don't sneak in anything illegal so that means paying huge amounts for beer. But I don't like to drink too much at concerts because I'm always afraid I'm going to get pick pocketed or something like that and so I like my senses about me. I am also a sucker for neon glow sticks which is silly to buy because you can get them for cheap in bulk at online business supply stores or dollar stores. I rarely buy things like that but I have had my share of T-Shirts. I know you were only asking about food, but it got me to thinking about what I buy at concerts.

3. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I have learned my lessons from the previous concerts, so long as they allow you to carry your own food, I will carry. But also I will buy one or two snacks to just see how they are but on rare occasions. The problem is that the food prices at these places is really high and you wonder all for what. I guess they just want to cash in because there are a lot of people.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    If it's allowed and I'm saving my money, then I'd maybe bring my own, but usually I'd just try and not worry about money as much when I go to concerts, because it kind of gets in the way of my enjoyment. I'd most likely just try and save money elsewhere, but as I've said, it's not always possible, so I do allow myself to adapt sometimes. I've sometimes brought some sandwiches that would still be good when eaten cold, and I usually bring some candies as well whether or not I'm being frugal that day. The only trouble I have with bringing food is the bringing part, though, to be honest, as I don't really care much about eating simple when I'm at the concert since that's not my main concern.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do not eat while at these types of activities, the cost is crazy, I prefer to eat before or after the event to keep from making a mess while trying to keep all my stuff in one place and safe. Having only two hands can be a problem at times when you have too much in those two hands.

6. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Most times the tickets cost a fortune so if I'm not allowed to carry my own food in order to save some cash I don't eat anything until I return home. When I was a lot younger we used to hide food and drinks on our person and sneak it in at concerts - but I stopped doing it. Now days, if the concert is awesome and somehow I want to stay longer with friends I'll end up buying the cheapest eatable thing I can find.

7. Moriarty

MoriartyNew Member

Threads:
    I try not to eat at functions like these. I usually eat a pretty big meal before going so that I won't get hungry. Because like you said the food at one is expensive. I remember once paying five dollars for a tiny, nasty, burnt cheese burger and thinking I'm never buying any food at a place like that again. But if you get hungry after a while definitely bring your own if you can. Just like at a movie theater!

8. Kazix

KazixMember

Threads:
    It depends. If it's more than one day music festival, then I'll probably buy food on the spot. Yeah, I know it's really expensive, but I prefer hot and fresh food. Also many festivals forbid to carry in your own food and drinks.

But if the event is just a couple of hours, then I can enjoy it without eating just fine. I actually don't get those people, who always need to eat during the breaks, even if the whole event is just a couple of hours long.

9. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I forgot for a second that they had food at those things but I seem to remember when I went to the Warped tour the food was gross. Concerts tend to be pretty short so I don't really get hungry and can get some food on the way if need be because they do tend to be expensive. It seems like it's difficult to eat at a concert anyways.

10. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, if we are talking about a concert you are right, a couple of hours and you're done, so no need to eat, but if it is a music festival it's an entirely different concept. For example, you have three or four bands that can last let's say from six to seven hours, after that you have the electronic tent, so you can stay there for 12 hours or more, we have to eat! :)