Eating Nuts For Healthy Looking Skin

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by PSLoveCharli • Apr 16, 2014.

1. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    Hey guys, as we're all looking for that PERFECT regimen that will help us keep great looking skin everyday, I ran across an article in Cosmopolitan that was really helpful. There are foods that will break you out and there are foods that will make your skin radiant. NUTS are one of those foods! All types of nuts: almonds (especially), sunflower kernels, etc. They all contain healthy stuff good for our insides, but also good for our skin!

2. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    To be honest i have never heard of this.

U have never heard of what you eat affecting your skin, unless you have some sort of allergic reaction. I have heard of people compressing food down until it is like butter, and applying it to their skin.

But like i said earlier. I have never heard of your diet affecting the way your skin looks. I would like to learn more about that. Because it sounds intriguing.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Here's something I stumbled into:
    Elsewhere on the net I also read that you need to eat only the right amount for the best results but that 'right' amount apparently is an unknown quantity since the writer doesn't include any other details apart from 'right' which IMO is rather ambiguous.

4. outdoorgal

outdoorgalMember

Threads:
    I eat walnuts every day with my oatmeal, and a handful of peanuts as well. So far, I'm just nuts though, lol;) Sorry, couldn't resist that one:) I agree that nuts are excellent food, as well as nut-oils. So far, I have not tried anything but Olive Oil, Coconut Oil and Grape seed oil. But I do plan on trying more as I go. I am 61 and my skin is not bad I don't think, for my age. I do drink a lot of water as well.

The benefit I wanted from the walnuts was the omega vitamins they provide. But I am getting more into the "learning" process, about nuts and their value. Now that I know they help with my skin, more the reason to be eating them:)

Thank you much!

You can see how much of what is in, say a 1/4 cup of Walnuts, and "what" is in them as far as nutrients. Then you can check to see how much is generally needed for your own bod. That's what I do. Also, as I'm sure you know, every body is going to be different in how much of what, so sometimes, for me, I have to try things, and figure what works. At least we are here sharing and seeking knowledge. So many out there don't give it any thought at all, what they are eating, exercise etc.

Glad to be here, new since yesterday;) Denise

#4Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
  5. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah!!!! research it! I was skeptical at first too.. but once I threw out my junky snacks to healthier snacks like nuts, by skin and its texture did change!

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Food absolutely affects your skin. You can't eat something and not expect it to change you for better or for worse.. your body absorbs it for god's sake lol, of course it affects your skin; it effects every single aspect of your being. Nuts are great for many things because of the healthy fats etc.. but if your overall diet isn't healthy, then it won't matter.. because you're still eating whatever made your skin bad in the first place. eating a healthy snack will never counteract what the unhealthy foods are doing to you.

7. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    Try cashew and butternuts. They are good for the skin, eyes and hair. But take it in moderation because they can cause IBS and sometimes migraine if consumed to much.

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nuts are very healthy, they have good fat. But you can't eat too many specially for your skin. As they are quite oily, if you eat too much it can make your skin oilier. I had a diet once that recommended up to 15 nuts a day. I think that is appropriate.

9. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Peanuts and sunflower nuts are two of my most favorite nut snacks. :) I used to feel so guilty for eating peanuts (even just small amounts), it's not even included in my healthy snack list. But now.. :D

10. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I knew there were a whole lot of benefits to eating nuts. Such as the fact that they are a good source of protein, esepcially when trying to lose weight. But I wasn't aware that nuts were also beneficial to the skin. No doubt this would come down to the type of nuts eaten, for example low sodium or raw variety are probably the best.

As for foods that aren't beneficial to skin, show of hand for those like myself who were told growing up that chocolate makes you break out. I actually thought this was a myth when I got older, but after doing some research online turns out there is some facts to back this claim up.

11. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    That is good to know, because I eat pecans, walnuts and sunflower seeds on a regular basis. I eat them for the calcium, omegas and vitamin E. I guess these nutrients help with skin too. I can only eat small amounts though, they are rich and heavy on my stomach.

12. sophialewis

sophialewisNew Member

Threads:
    Yes I agree with you on this. Skin disorders such as acne, psoriasis and eczema can be treated with the help of nuts and you would also get healthy and glowing skin.

13. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Walnuts are also very good for you. They have the most oil per nut, but it's good oil that really nourishes your body. I usually eat walnuts because they are one of the few nuts I kind of like. Almonds unfortunately don't work for me unless they are in something with a lot of other food. My stomach does not appreciate almonds by themselves.