Eating Pork fat

Discussion in Food & Drink started by isabbbela • Apr 30, 2014.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hello!

Last time I was at my aunt's house, my grandma make a pork dish that was really fat, there was actual huge pork fats on it. And I'm normally totally OK with pork, I like the meat it's very tasty. But eating that pork made me really grossed out!! The fat was overwhelming, it's that really white creamy fat that just looks bad. And that got me thinking if the fat disgusted me visually or if it just tasted nasty. And I think it was both!

I'm sure I will eat pork again in the future, but I'm pretty sure it will take me a while to eat it again! Do you eat pork?

2. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I know what you mean and sometimes digesting that much fat can make a person sick. However, when I buy a spiral ham for the holidays, I cook it fatty side up so that it will crisp during cooking. Though I can't eat bacon like I used to, I love that sweet marble of fat along the edge. When it's crispy, it melts in your mouth.

3. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I like pork fat when it's fried and crunchy. It really is good when it's cooked that way. However, if it's in a soup or if it's only steamed, then I think it really tastes a bit gross. I find it really fishy when it's not cooked so well.

However, I try to limit my intake of pork fat because I know for a fact that it's not safe to be doing that. I also experience having a lot of pimples after eating that.