Ebates

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by KimmyMarkks • Nov 29, 2015.

1. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    Does anyone use Ebates? Is it worth it? I recently saw a commercial for it. It looks legitimate however, I don't like the fact that i have to shop through the Ebates website to redeem cash back. I did a lot of shopping at the participating stores without going through Ebates. I was hoping I can somehow get the cash back.

2. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I have been a member of Ebates for years and I have never had a problem. In fact, I'm quite pleased with the site. The only problem I have is that I sometimes forget to check Ebates first before shopping online...but I've recently installed the Ebates toolbar on my computer to help me with that!

They are extremely consistent and reliable, you'll receive a check every three months so long as you've accumulated $5 or more in rebates. I believe, too, there are other options now for pay in addition to just receiving a check. You can get paid via Paypal or make a donation with your rebate.

If you'd like, I can send you a referral link

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ebates is advertising a lot right now because of the holiday shopping season I am sure. I have not used Ebates to get cashback on my purchases I make online yet. I just ordered a toy from Walmart using BeFrugal cashback, it was the first time using a cashback site for me. I use my paypal card so I get cashback from paypal also.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes it's worth it, it's just an extra click. Make sure you have signed in first before you shop. What I do is often log in, put things in a basket then close the window and then reopen it again via Ebates.

You won't get money back unless you have already signed up and you click through the site. Have you signed up already? They also have good referral offers, so you can pass on your link to family and friends and still make extra back that way. I think it's $5 per friend once they spend $25, I had two referrals and they paid instantly.

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have Ebates, and I supposedly had money on there from buying a toner cartridge at Staples online, but when I have checked my balance on there it is saying zero! I don't get that. I suppose I could write to them, but it wasn't a large amount of money I was going to get back, so I think I will let it go. Maybe one of these days I will benefit from Ebates, maybe my procedure was wrong.

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I'm currently registered at ebates.com and yet to make money for it. Sometimes the items that ebates.com is giving cash back is not what I'm buying, so I can't get cash back. Other people buy what ebates.com has specified on sale for cash back so they are lucky they can get cash back. I hope to yet get cash back. It's just one of those things I suppose. Others have said they get cash back and it works, so I'll keep hoping for my cash back at ebates.com.

7. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    Okay, I actually recently joined. I just wish I could get credit for the purchases I already made not through the website and the same stores they are advertising. I am seeing SO many commercials for it now, it made me join. I think I will try it out next time I purchase something online.

8. XLS

XLSMember

Threads:
    I used to have the same problem of not going through the ebates site to get cash back. Recently I downloaded the cool web browser add on that Ebates has. Once browsing on a website, shortly after I get an Ebates pop up in the upper right hand corner. Its nice to see while on the actually website the cash back percentage. Once you click on the debates tab, the page refreshes and your able to see the debates ticket number before it repopulates to the original website page you were viewing but with the perk of the attached beats number. Sweet, if you ask me.

9. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Ebates is one of the first sites I came across with when coming online for the first time back in 1999, so it's likely that happen to you what @ReadWriteLearnLove@ReadWriteLearnLove states (forget to check for deals regularly) than having them disappointing you or ripping you off in any way.

One hundred percent reliable and useful site.

10. XLS

XLSMember

Threads:
    @MyDigitalpoint@MyDigitalpoint I had no clue that Ebates has been around since 1999, I guess they are doing something right. Had I known of this site sooner, I would have been using it then too.

It would be nice if they had an additional incentive for long time users or even for spending a certain amount.

11. rezonate

rezonateNew Member

Threads:
    Ebates is definitely legit and completely worth it especially if you're a person who likes to shop online. They have 2 ways of making money. 1. Their cash back on shopping 2. Referrals, whenever you referral an online shopper to use ebates you get a bonus. Its free money basically .

12. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have it. I used it once, but didn't get credited for my purchase...It might have been because I used someone else's credit card. I would check on it...but for the amount of money, it doesn't seem worth the trouble. I think it is really good if you are buying big ticket items though...you could probably really save some money. Whoops, I guess I posted this earlier...but needless to say, I still haven't gotten credit. I think their TV ad is a come on too. When I signed up i didn't get a 10.00 gift card.

13. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have used Ebates for a long time. Now they have an Ebates button that you download to your toolbar and when you are on a site that they have savings through it pops up and asks if you want to activate it. There are so many other ones out there now, it is hard to determine which one is better. The commercials are over the top. In order to get hundreds of dollars back, you would have to shop all the time and spend lots of money. I have never had a problem getting a payout from them even if it is just a few bucks. I got the $10 when I signed up so that's nice.

14. yokislav

yokislavNew Member

Threads:
    Ebates is most popular cashback service out there, but they have worst cashback rates.
    I've been using them just enough to get 10$ bonus and than had moved to topcashback as they have much better rates and no limit for payout.