eBay.com World's greatest store. Do you use it?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Gonzalo • Mar 31, 2012.

1. dj3000

dj3000New Member

Threads:
    Ebay is just a great, great, site. You can get absolute steals on bids, which makes me very happy. I buy almost anything on Ebay and it is very easy and simple. The buyer protection is a nice addition as well.

2. summerRain

summerRainMember

Threads:
    I have used ebay once and I am happy with the transaction. I am able to buy an item that I really, really wanted, in a very low cost. The auction part is also great but you have to watch out for your desired items. I always get outbidded whenever I am bidding. If you will win in the auction, you will be able to save a lot more.

3. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    It's actually been a while since I've used ebay to buy or sell anything. I used to use it all the time back in the days to buy anime but now that I can pretty much get that anywhere I've cut back on the ebay. But my experience at ebay has been positive over the years so it is still one of my go to places to buy things. I haven't had to deal with any bad sellers and my transactions are always easy and smooth.

4. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    I didn't see this thread earlier, but I used to be a BIG ebay supporter. At one point, it was my only source of income as a seller. And then they started trying to squeeze smaller sellers out by making up ridiculous rules. I've even heard the CEO say in an interview that they don't want to be like a "garage sale" type of website anymore, which sucks because that was the coolest thing about it. I miss finding and selling unique items, but they started limited how much I could see because I was getting too many 4 out of 5 ratings instead of 5 out of 5, which is almost ridiculous to maintain if you don't sell much because the buyer still sees 4 as a good rating. Also, I had too many customers trying to scam me. I had one lady who paid (two weeks after the auction listing) and filed a report about not receiving her item the next day! I still had to issue a refund and she left me a negative feedback, but no one would help me fix it. The bad thing is, this particular customer had done this to several other sellers. Things may be different now - I know my mom still sells there and is limited to listing 120 items a month because of the star/rating issue (she has like 4.7 - 4.9 on everything) - but I refuse to give them my money anymore.

5. Some1else0

Some1else0Member

Threads:
    I hate eBay. Never used it, never will. It is way to easy to scam on eBay. If you're a buyer, you can send them the money via PayPal for the item, then they ship the item. If they don't get a tracking number on it, then they're screwed. You would be able to chargeback for "Item not received", and without a tracking number, the charge back will go in your favor.
    There are many other ways to scam on eBay, but I won't say them here...

That's why will never use eBay.

6. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I hate selling on eBay. I know this sounds bad on my part, but I had an online store at the site for about three months. I would lose money on a regular basis, then when it was time to renew my monthly contract I would make enough sales to cover my store fee. However, this did not even come close to the fees I paid for listing items.

7. Hickorycottage

HickorycottageMember

Threads:
    I am a habitual eBay user. I use it for selling, buying, checking current prices, and price comparison. eBay has the best user interface, and they have an app that you can sell items from. I have noticed that their fees have gone up somewhat, but where else can you get world-wide exposure, discounts, and eBay bucks, eBay is a winner for me.

8. Stephanie

StephanieMember

Threads:
    I've never had a bad buying experience on E-bay. Well, except for the black tank that I bought which was really a swimsuit top. But I still liked it, so that won't count!

There are too many seller fees on there now, so it has been awhile since I've wanted to tackle that. I'd rather sell on Craig's List.

9. Marco

MarcoNew Member

Threads:
    I dont really use EBAY. I heard they changed rules so that we cannot sell products which are not physical. This one sucked for me.
    I wanted to go selling coupons. Also can anyone from a country other than the US sell on Ebay too? Are there any extra charges?

10. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    I love Ebay and use it all the time. I hate how everyone thinks that you will automatically get scammed on Ebay but that is entirely untrue. Most of the sellers on Ebay are companies that sell hundreds of products a day. Even if you buy things from individual people, Ebay has a great buyer protection policy where you should always feel safe buying on the site. Its easy to say that I love Ebay :)

11. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I used to buy all kinds of things on eBay it was an addiction for me. I like competing against other user to see who can get the bid at the last minute. There have been reports of buyers creating fake accounts to boost the price of the item. I'm not sure if I've come in contact with this before, but I still use eBay today for all of my deals. They have so many antique items and rare finds that would be almost impossible to find anywhere else. Paypal is the best payment option for online purchases. I noticed there's a increase in people shopping on eBay because their prices can't be beat.

12. xtina3907

xtina3907Member

Threads:
    I use to sell on Ebay a few years back until they went crazy with their expenses. I do love to shop in Ebay. I find the most awesome deals. You can find everything you need or are looking for. I do make sure I am getting a great deal though before I buy!

13. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't used eBay yet. Mainly because I am so far away that any savings I might get would be totally off-set by the freight charges. There is another similar service in my own country. My son has used it and he liked it.

14. katniss

katnissActive Member

Threads:
    I've bought lots of stuff off of ebay, although most is low-dollar items such as video games, clothing items, etc. I usually buy all of my Chiefs tickets from there as well, usually under $20 a pair. I've never been dinged by a seller (knock on wood). Back when I used to sell, I ran across quite a few dirtbag buyers, however.

15. Ronald Ramos

Ronald RamosNew Member

Threads:
    eBay is indeed at the top of the food chain for me when it comes to online shopping. Everything I need can be found there whether I like them new or used. That said I have only participated in eBay as a buyer, not much as a seller. I think that's one venture worth pursuing. I don't what to sell at the moment though.

16. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Sounds like a plan. btw does eBay sell virtual products? I mean things which don't have to be shipped physically to me. If they do, I might just lurk there and see if I can get some good deals which I can make a profit on.

17. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    I used to use ebay until I had some awful experiences. At the time I was both buying and selling. Unforunately, I had encountered a few sellers who did not ship the products even after payment was received, and I even encountered a few buyers who tried to claim I did not ship the item they bought from me. Thankfully I had it setup for a signature to be required upon delivery so I was able to prove to ebay that the packages were shipped and received. But after those experiences I steer clear of ebay, unless it is for something I know I will not be able to find anywhere else for such a low price.

18. Brendan

BrendanMember

Threads:
    You bet I use it! I have used it both as a seller and a buyer. I enjoy getting cheap things off of eBay, that are in good shape. Every once in a while I use eBay to buy gifts for people's birthdays. It's cheaper, and I don't even have to leave my house. As a seller, it is also great. I have sold many old things that I no longer use for a great deal of money online. The only downside is that the fees that eBay & PayPal impose on their sellers are getting to be a bit ridiculous.

19. Cyclone3616

Cyclone3616Member

Threads:
    I use Ebay for buying and selling things. One time, I wanted to make some money, so I sold all of the Legos that I no longer played with, because people will pay ridiculous prices for them. Just look it up on Ebay. Some people will pay hundreds of dollars for something that maybe cost the lego company five dollars to make. A bonus to selling Legos is that once the set you have is discontinued, the price sky rockets. It's a win-win. But I don't just sell things off Ebay. I also buy things. I can tell you that they have some of the best prices on the internet, and personally, I like it better than Amazon.

20. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Just commented on another thread about Ebay. It's the greatest store invented, and they have the best deals, I can find just about anything on Ebay. I love them.lol