eBay.com World's greatest store. Do you use it?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Gonzalo • Mar 31, 2012.

1. mermaid051029

mermaid051029New Member

Threads:
    Well, I have also enjoyed my ebay shopping several times.
    Really great, and like most the auction part:)

2. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I think I am going to take a break from bidding on ebay or maybe find a new strategy. It seems that some sellers have bots with funny names placing bids on items to inflate the price. The best strategy is to wait till the last minute and place a bid or just buy the item flat out.

3. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm looking to buy some new t-shirt for the summer. eBay is like a battleground for t-shirt sellers, there are so many and they are all competing against each other. It's good for us customers because the prices are forced down.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    True, when you find a deal on Amazon, you know that no one's going to show up in the middle of the night and outbid you.
    I've bought a few items on eBay recently but they were Buy It Now items, because unlike some people I find bidding stressful, not fun.

5. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use ebay anymore since you are not really dealing with just one company but vendors who you don't really know from Adam. For some I'm sure their experiences have been good but I've had too many "not as advertised" experiences to want to try it again. It’s also a pain to try to return the item if the vendor was unclear about certain details and it turns out not to be what you thought it was.

6. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I have to say that is something that I was skeptical about. I just ordered something on Ebay today, but the great thing is it shows the Seller's so if you wanted to see what else the Seller's had to offer, couldn't you? I ordered something in March Internationally and it wasn't expensive, but I am kind of iffy if I receive my item, if not I will report it, even though it was no more than $5. I have to say most things I have ordered from Ebay, have met my expectations. Didn't really exceed, but it did the trick. I like the fact that you can get things cheaper and something faster by ordering off Ebay.

7. kristinaw

kristinawNew Member

Threads:
    Personally, I love Ebay. I can find anything I want at the right prices, without leaving my home. I have also made money with Ebay, so there's another pro of the website!

8. redskyez

redskyezNew Member

Threads:
    At EB Games (Canadian equivalent) I once tried to return various games that they had on the shelves for $20-$40. In some cases they offered me one dollar for a $30 game! I think it's a much better idea to sell them through online classifieds or eBay. You'll get much more fair deals

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do love Ebay. Once you get used to it's it's very easy to not to get scammed. As for spending more for certain items.. I find it to be the opposite. Any time I've overpaid for something, I knew it, but it couldn't be helped because I couldn't find it anywhere else. Sometimes it's worth it, sometimes I'll go without.

10. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have used it a few times. My issue with ebay is I'm always scared the product will end up being fake, or if it breaks, comes broken or with a defect, I won't be able to exchange it for a new one. You can easily do that in most respectable well-known stores, but on ebay you just have to pray that the seller is honest...

11. Roger

RogerNew Member

Threads:
    any coupons for ebay?

12. Roger

RogerNew Member

Threads:
    I do agree with you...Thank You!

13. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I have been using Ebay for quite some time. I originally started with the selling aspect of the site and found it very helpful with auctioning off different items we were selling. Over the past few years, we have cut back with selling and basically use it now as a buying tool. I really like the auctions and no matter what we may be looking for, you can always find it on Ebay! I like the idea of being able to compare items as well.

The only issue I see with it is shipping on occasion. You really have to keep an eye out for shipping costs. Products might seem like a great deal but if they are doubling shipping costs to make up for the great price then it's not a great deal after all.
    Overall we love it !

Danyel :)

14. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I've used eBay as a buyer and a seller. As a seller, I didn't make much money at all, but I sold stuff like old textbooks and maternity clothes that I had mostly purchased secondhand (or on eBay), anyway. It basically turned those purchases into a rental. The shipping, tracking, PayPal fees, and eBay fees mean it's really not a seller's paradise. As a buyer, I've found lots of vintage or antique things that I like to give as presents. I've also purchased some really cool earrings for myself. For everyday items that are less specific, I stick to local sites or secondhand stores.

15. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I used to be really into buying and selling on ebay. I got really busy with work and kind of stopped using it though. I think it's a great place to sell. The fees have gotten higher since I left so I don't know if I'll return. I can make more selling through other venues.

16. randomdude

randomdudeMember

Threads:
    Yes I do use ebay. Quite often if I may add. As a buyer I find ebay to be filled with deals and its full of money saving experiences. For example, if you purchase an iphone case for your phone at a retail store like Best Buy or Target you could end up spending $30 to 50 bucks on a good quality case. In ebay you will pay $5 or $10 for that same case. I love ebay. Ebay can also be used to earn a few extra bucks on household items laying around the house collecting dust. Just recently I found an old cellular phone just laying aroiund serving no purpose what so ever so I decided to list it on ebay. And currently ebay has a deal going on where they promise your phone will sell or they will give you a $100 ebay cash voucher. So its a win win situation. You can buy anything from clothing, electronics, automotive parts, to even actual automobiles on ebay. I choose to shop on ebay before I go to an actual retail store because the prices in stores are ridiculously high.

17. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard of Ebay and I know people who use it, but I haven't used it yet. I have seen things on there that I would be interested in buying, but I never got around to doing it. Now that I have a Paypal account, I may check out the site. I will be careful how much I spend because I don't want to spend too much money there.

18. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I use Ebay a lot because of the good prices. The only thing that I do not buy on Ebay is electronics because I had a bad experience with it before. I buy most of my Christmas gift off of Ebay because I can get more stuff for my money. They also have some great discounts.

19. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    I use it all the time honestly. I don't know of anywhere else that has such a large market of just about anything for a reasonable price that ACCEPTS PAYPAL. To be honest I don't see what Amazon has to gain from withholding it besides their sense of pride... Anyways, I use eBay when it comes to buying just about anything that isn't food that I'm willing to wait 3 weeks for to ship from China. I plan on finding a good deal for a tablet on there in a couple weeks.

20. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ebay's half.com has great deals on used books, used DVDs, CDs, and so on. If you were to compare the prices on half.com and what others charge on sites such as Amazon you'd notice a huge price difference. On half.com you can buy a used DVD for as low as $0.75. It makes me wonder how those people even make money selling their stuff at such ridiculous prices.