eBay feedback!

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Hamz10 • Sep 26, 2014.

1. Hamz10

Hamz10Member

Threads:
    I am a seller on eBay and I'm sick of people leaving negative feedback by mistake but not changing it! It affects me so badly, it removes my top-rated seller status; makes me seem untrustworthy and overall leaves a scar on my percentages! eBay need to crack down on incidental feedback, I always see it everywhere! People leaving negatives saying "a* Seller".

2. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I have never had this problem but I would be very annoyed if I were in your shoes. You don't deserve negative feedback if the transaction went well. I don't understand how someone could leave a negative mark on accident. Leaving fb on ebay is pretty simple and easy. Hopefully others can look at your history of successful transactions and trust you.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not only do I hate the accidental bad feedback, but I also hate the accidental cases opened. eBay makes it very, very easy to accidentally open an Item Not Received case if a customer even asks where their item is. I've had an Item Not Received Case opened against me 8 hours after the auction ended just because the customer wanted to ask me for a tracking number and clicking the "Ask seller a question." button opened a case against me. It only takes a 5% defect rate for a seller to completely lose their selling privileges so it should not be that easy to accidentally trigger a case.

4. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    That really stinks!! Who would do something like that if everything was fine and the transaction was positive?? We used to sell on Ebay many years ago and that happened to us twice that I can remember. The thing that gets me is when this happens it lowers your positives score and it takes like 10 more positives to bring up that one negative. :( We weren't huge sellers so it would take us forever to get it back up. Im sorry this is happening to you. Did you try to contact Ebay directly? Maybe they can help or at least point you in the right direction.

Danyel :)

5. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, I did not know it was that easy to really hurt a seller. Do they actually kick sellers off the site if they get a few bad marks?

I know I am totally guilty of forgetting to leave feedback at all. I don't use ebay that often so sometimes I won't return to the site for months after paying for the item if everything went smoothly and the item came quickly. I will definitely try to remember next time and leave all 5 stars unless there was a serious problem. I know I stopped buying from China because of problems, but I don't know if any of those sellers that screwed me over ever got kicked off.