Ebay infiltrated by scammers?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Carlalexander • Aug 29, 2013.

1. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I do not buy from China anymore, I always check the North America only button to eliminate all their ads. One of the issues I have had is not only not on time, but wrong item entirely, and of course I couldn't send it back for an exchange without spending at least twice what the cost was in the first place, which is hardly worth it. I just gave them terrible feedback and gave the item away as I couldn't wear it.

Another issue I have had with Chinese sellers is they give these lovely descriptions of their items, and then you get it and it looks good seems good, but then it doesn't hold up, but at this point you have given your feedback so you can't report that the purse you bought didn't last a season before the vinyl tore, which is not something you can repair except to tape up and look tacky.

I am really quite disappointed that so many people continue to do business with China when they are a culture of cheaters. Not saying every individual Chinese person is like that, but I have heard and experienced myself that it is apparently acceptable to many of them to cheat to get ahead in business. I do not want to support such dishonesty.

2. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    I have ordered a few times items for China. Delivery is slow, but free, and products are cheap. Sometimes the quality of the product is also cheap, so it breaks fast. But one time, after waiting more than three weeks and receiving a few flimsy excuses from the seller, I realized I would not ever receive the package I ordered. Luckily, I had paid over Paypal and I was still in time to start a dispute. It was very well organized and in the end, the Chinese seller proposed to resend or to repay. I chose the repayment option. I was a bit worried before coming to this final agreement, but it fully convinced me of the good dealings of Paypal, their safety and their way to protect users.

I never buy something if it does not have a way to pay over Paypal -- or, alternatively, if there is not a solid guarantee. I would advise anyone to do the same.