Ebay is a good place to buy gifts and save money

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by daleo717 • Jun 5, 2014.

1. daleo717

daleo717Member

Threads:
    Over the past 5 years I have bought a lot of nice gifts on eBay. Mostly jewelry and semi-precious stones that can be used for necklaces etc. You can bid on items for as low as $1 and sometimes you win the auction and just pay $1. Many times you may only pay $1 - $2 to have the item shipped to you, especially if coming from China or somewhere in Asia. I have also also ordered small little gift bags that are cute and and very reasonably priced. There is a family that I order from and it helps them supplement their income, selling me things on Ebay. I would recommend that you check this out if you are looking to find low priced gifts.

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I spend part of my time out of country so I love Ebay! Some of the vendors will ship to other countries as well so I can send gifts to my family and friends anywhere in the world. The items I have recently purchased for jewelry making were a lot cheaper than those at the local bead boutique I shop at in my home town. I did recently buy some 50% off items there but for the most part I do all of my jewelry making shopping online. The only downside is that you cannot see what you get so you cannot depend on your eyes. You must correctly comprehend what size and dimensions mean because the photos can be deceiving. Also you need to make sure you are seeing a real photo and not the 'stock' photo from the manufacturer.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    E-bay always has much better deals than you'll ever get anywhere. For me however all I buy online are used DVDs and on occasion an ebook and get them all from E-bay because the prices are ridiculously low. Of course you have to be careful which seller you buy from but sometimes to get the best deals you need to take a risk. So like the OP, I'd definitely recommend buying stuff from E-bay. It will save you some money.

4. Neperon

NeperonActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah in a way that is,The thing is when we are about to buy something that always need to be from the appropriate source because that does matter at the same time moving ahead and going to the next level can be a helpful thing in my opinion.So yeah you have kept it this way which is fine enough.

5. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree. There are really lots of unique items that are sold on ebay that when you buy will make you look like that you personalized your gifts. The prices also are very cheap. Of course not all, but often it's really manageable to negotiate on the price or if not, then surely there would be something, a similar or close to the original item that you can buy.

6. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    lately I have been on e-bay. I don't like to do a bidding system, and I won't. I'm SO glad we can now actually buy items there without having to compete with anyone, and it's like more a 'store' now. When I want something, I want it, and I think it's simply insane to have to 'bid' to get it. So I love this option to buy it.

I have a pantech burst phone. It's paid for now since we had to pay several hundred dollars to get out of at@t, so by heck I'm using it! But since it's considered a 'dinosaur', there aren't cases for it in stores. But e-bay has quite a bit of cases for it. Nice ones too. So now I am looking around on e-bay for other items, only those I can buy outright like normal. I also love the no shipping that so many of the venders offer.

7. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Just be careful with timing for this. I have had items from China take up to 8 weeks to arrive before! So plan ahead if you're going to order from over there in case your items get stuck in customs.

8. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I buy nearly every gift for birthday's and holidays on Ebay. I absolutely love it. It is a huge thrift/new store. You can find new items, used items, antiques, items that aren't made anymore. I have gotten so many really nice gifts off it from gaming consoles, movies, clothes, and everything in between. You have to be weary like everything else though. I have been ripped off three times. Three times out of 50 isn't bad I think and I ended up getting a refund.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I notice that small gifts on Ebay are cheap and most cost only $1 or so because not most people are interested in such items like pouches, purses, little bags, make-up brushes, etc. On the electronics section though, expect to have stiff competition in that area. I always get outbid at the last minute, like the other day I thought I was gonna win that auction but I got outbid in the last 5 seconds! (Cunning Ebayer, I must say, lol that same username always steals my items at the last minute!) So back to the topic, if you're looking for small gifts then Ebay is the place to go. Most items are offered with free shipping too.

10. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Whenever I want or need something, be it a gift or an item for myself, I first look at Ebay. Over the years I have bought many books, films, cosmetic products, clothes and shoes from Ebay. I don't know if I am an exception, but I have never had any problems. Once I made a wrong order and the seller took the product back, refunded me, and only asked me to give him a high rating. I thought it was a fair exchange for all the trouble he went to.

#10Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  11. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    EBay is a great place to get many items at an affordable price. It can be tricky for me when it comes to auctions. Sometimes I think I am the only bidder until the very last hour when suddenly I am competing against 4 other people for the same item. It's a little unnerving because there were times I didn't win the item. Other than those experiences, I have nothing but good things to say about eBay when I am the buyer. My items always come on time and in satisfactory condition. The gift selections are unlimited and I couldn't ask for more.

12. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    I agree that ebay is a great place to buy gifts cheaply. There is a wide variety avail;able and because there is some many things and vendors selling prices will always be low. The trick in finding the deals is to spend some time to do some research. Also you will have to careful of potential scams, so only go with trusted vendors.

13. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've never tried bidding before but I have been very curious about it. I have recently just made my first few purchases on ebay and I have been satisfied with the results so the next step for me would be to test out everything else and I probably will eventually try and bid on some things because I've always been interested in those items that you could possibly get for a lower than average price especially ones that seem to only get attention from me due to being an unpopular product or design.