eBay

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Bolt • Apr 22, 2013.

1. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I sold an item on eBay and received the payment but the money is held in my pending balance, so it's not actually available until the item is received by the buyer. Is this normal? I suppose it might be because I'm a new seller...

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure if that is normal, since I haven't sold any item yet on Ebay. But I'm replying to your thread because I'm just wondering what was the outcome of your problem? And did you ever get to receive your money?

3. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    This is a new policy by paypal. So I would say it's normal. It happened to a friend of mine and apparently, this is how they operate now.

4. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah it was a new policy, it takes a while before you are validated. I think it's a useful safety measure as the con artists will create new accounts and this will prevent them conning people.

It was a nuisance waiting for my payment to clear but I have no problems now, all the money I receive goes direct to my balance.

5. FloraFauna

FloraFaunaMember

Threads:
    Yes, it is normal. I have money pending as I type. I've only sold two items so I haven't met the criteria for being validated yet. Thankfully the payment clears quicker if you ship quicker. I try to ship as soon as possible.

6. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can also enter the tracking number of the item you sent to speed up the process. The track ID is proof that your item has been sent and that is usually enough to convert the funds to your available balance.