Editor for Chromebook

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Navii • Jul 22, 2014.

1. Navii

NaviiActive Member

Threads:
    I'm looking to get a Chromebook in the near future and wanted to know if you guys have any recommendations for editors that work on a Chromebook. I currently use Sublime Text 2, but I'm not sure if it's possible to run it on a Chromebook. Would be nice if anyone could tell me. And if it doesn't work you can leave any recommendations for other editors here. It would also be nice if the editor had HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Ruby on Rails and PHP integration since that's what I will be needing it for the most.

2. Taki

TakiMember

Threads:
    Google Docs has a fine editor but if you need more than that you can try this

. Paperrater managed to get me though college with a 3.4 GPA.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm actually looking for the same thing. Taki, I'll look into your suggestion. Google Docs is great for the basics, but it won't help you too much with programming, as far as I know.

4. Navii

NaviiActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah the Google Docs Editor isn't too great. It works, but I was looking for something that offers auto-completion for my most used programming languages too, which the Google Docs Editor sadly doesn't offer. I will take a look at it, when I find some time. I've also found another editor called Zed Editor, which looks really promising, but it has a weird file-system so I'm not quite sure if it's something I'll want.