Electric toothbrush

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Gelsemium • Jul 25, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never used an electric toothbrush, but now everyone seems to be talking about them, how good they are for kids and even for us, we just need to replace the head and it turns out to be more convenient and even cheap. Anyone using an electric toothbrush? What's your opinion on this?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been using an electric toothbrush for almost 10 years now. I find it to be superior, specially the one made by BRAUN. It was recommended to me by my dentist. It's wonderful for removing plaque and also to keep your gums firm. They say 2 minutes is enough to clean all your teeth thoroughly with it. But I use it for longer because I really like that wonderful clean feeling afterwards.

3. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I like to brush my teeth in a certain way. I had an electronic toothbrush before and I never felt it got my teeth really clean. I would take my time and make sure I brush all around my mouth but I felt the brush barely touch the surface of my teeth or didn't do an effective job in cleaning my teeth. I didn't use it for long and went back to doing it myself the old fashion way. This was my experience but don't let it discourage you from trying it out. It may be different for you.

4. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I tried an electric toothbrush and just couldn't get the hang of it. I went back to a manual because whenever I used the electric I just didn't feel like I was getting my teeth clean. My boyfriend has an electric toothbrush and swears by it, replacing the brush head is very easy because you can buy the refills in packs of 4 or 5 so he always has one around.

5. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I am really tempted to get one... Usually how long does the brush head needs to be replaced? Is that expensive? More, do you think this is something kids could use or is it mainly aimed at adults? I think this could be really good for them too because all they need to do is hold it there.

6. WilliardP297

WilliardP297New Member

Threads:
    I got my electric toothbrush as a gift on my birthday and I am glad that my cousin gave me one. It makes my brushing easy and fast thus requires me less time to clean my teeth. It also allows me to clean those areas that are different to reach with regular tooth brush.

7. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have never heard about electronic brush until now. I really think it is a great brush and one that everyone must think about trying. I do not think it is very popular around where I live, hence I never came to know about it. I think it would be a great substitute to the original brush.

8. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I still haven't bought my electric toothbrush, I guess I will need to go to a specialized place because the ones I've seen don't look good at all and are really expensive. I want them first for my kids, I think it will help them to wash the teeth better.

9. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I've used one before, but to be honest it's not that much different from using a normal toothbrush. The refills also cost more than a normal toothbrush, which is pretty ridiculous considering that they actually contain less plastic.

If you are strapped for money, it's certainly a luxury you can live without. All it does is save you a little bit of arm power when you brush your teeth.

10. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are advantages to using one and dentists do recommend them and they can get to places you don't think of brushing. I do prefer the old fashioned way as it is cheaper and as I travel so much is lighter and I don't have to think about charging it.

Replacement heads can get expensive as well as they are usually specific to the brand you buy.

11. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Even with a electric toothbrush alone you also won't reach all the places of your mouth, you should use mouthwash and floss as well. Because of this I feel that you can simply use normal toothbrushes instead, and use the money that would normally go towards an electric toothbrush for mouthwash, floss and other oral care products.

12. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I had an electric toothbrush when I was younger but I never really felt it to be that much different from what I do now. The kids in my family now have electric toothbrushes as well and it definitely seems a lot more practical for them since it's hard to entrust them with doing enough brush strokes but with this you would at least come close to it without much effort.

13. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I've been in stores where electric toothbrushes have caught my eye, but I just haven't been that urged to pick one up and buy one. I feel that the traditional, manual toothbrush does the cleaning job just fine. I think for people who have deteriorating motor skills, electric toothbrushes would come in more handy for them, as I can move my hand around, make circular motions and clean my teeth with my own effort.

14. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Where I live, electric toothbrushes are still expensive. Even if their prices will drop, I still won't buy one because I am just not comfortable about them.

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've had an electric toothbrush before but didn't see a big difference in my teeth, so I've just been using a manual one.
    I'd rather just use coupons to get some Colgate or Oral B toothbrushes and replace them when they wear out than deal with the expensive replacement heads for an electric toothbrush.

16. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    Electric toothbrushes are awesome! You get twice the amount of strokes per minute which helps to remove at least double the plaque that you would be able to with a handheld in the same amount of time. When paired with a great toothpaste you are very likely to improve the health of your smile in a matter of weeks.

17. Gelsemium

Threads:
    That's how I feel as well Nikki, but I haven't been able to find the ideal one. I think it's a good investment, sure, they are more expensive and they consume electricity, but at the same time our teeth will thank us for using them, mine surely are needing one.