Electricity Usage Monitor

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by TNSabrina • Sep 4, 2012.

1. TNSabrina

TNSabrinaMember

Threads:
    Does anyone use an electricity usage monitor? I was reading about these devices helping to lower your electric bill, and they are cheap at around $20. You plug up appliances to this device, and it shows you how much electric the device is using. It can also show how much money you’re paying for keeping the device plugged in. I was wondering if anyone has used this device, and if so, did it help save you money on your electric bill.

2. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    I bought one of these monitors a few years ago, and checked some of the equipment around the house to see how much energy they consume. But that's about it. I put it away and forgot all about it. Did it help me cut down on my energy usage? Not really. I didn't make the effort unfortunately. Recently though, in the UK,most homes were fitted with a monitor from an energy supplier. This lights up amber when we switch on moderately high-energy appliances, and goes red when the usage is even higher. It also sends our energy usage directly to the provider to enable them to bill us accordingly. So, this has, helped me keep track of my energy usage of late.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Interesting information to know. I figured that it would cost more than $20. For that price it might be worth getting one to find out how much the plugged in but not in use items are really costing you.