e.l.f. Cosmetics

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by steph84 • May 22, 2012.

1. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Has anyone tried out e.l.f. (eyes, lip, face) cosmetics at Target? I bought one of their concealer/highlighter duo sticks for a dollar and I got a few brushes too. The brushes were a steal. I am surprised no one notices that most of the stuff on that display case is only $1. What are your favorite e.l.f. products? Now I am hooked and want to try them all.

2. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    I had e.l.f stuff but not from Target. I had a concealer brush, lip brush, a small kabuki brush, and some type of nail oil pen. I don't have much experience with elf but from what I've used and seen I like their stuff. I've seen some of their stuff at Big Lots, too. I liked the lip brush for putting on gloss and it is good for the price. The nail oil pen was a little stiff to apply to my nails, but the oil soaked in and didn't leave my nails greasy.

3. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    I love elf. If you go to eyeslipsface.com you can read reviews and figure out what stuff is the best. Some is cheap but most of it is incredible good deal. Yesterday they had a BOGO free sale on their website, might still be going on.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I buy mine online, too. I've never caught any major sales there, but everything is so cheap that you can't complain anyway. The biggest perk for me is that I have really sensitive eyes, so it's hard for me to find eyeliner, mascara, etc, that doesn't irritate me. Guess what? Their eye products don't bother me! So they're cheap AND don't irritate my skin and eyes.

5. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for letting me know about the sale! I just signed up to their newsletter so I can stay on top of any upcoming sales. I am hooked on their makeup brushes right now. So amazing for so little!

6. lynda22

lynda22New Member

Threads:
    I have heard of them, and was amazed at the low prices of their products. I bought their powder brush and have to say, I was very disappointed in the poor quality. However, I may still try out some of their actual makeup or primer.

7. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I've tried some e.l.f products, and they're okay. I prefer organic makeup, but you can't beat the price of e.l.f. I currently use their concealer.

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    The powder isn't my favorite. It was too...heavy?...for me. I definitely recommend trying out their other makeups, though. The foundation itself isn't too bad, but I prefer others. The eye makeups, though? Definitely worth a shot.

9. katlynelyse

katlynelyseNew Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love e.l.f brushes. I've tried quite a few make-up products as well, and I have to say some of them are pretty hit and miss. But, when it's good, it's actually really good. And when it's bad, it's still usable. And the prices are amazing. Some of my favorite products are the HD powder, the eyeshadow quads, and illuminating sticks. I enjoy some of the lipsticks as well but they're extremely hit and miss for me.

10. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know how true this is, but someone told me that e.l.f. makeup is owned by MAC and is similar in quality. Now, I don't buy MAC makeup myself because I'm happy with lower-priced makeup, but I've heard they make good stuff.

I've been buying e.l.f. makeup and products for quite a while now and am never disappointed with any of my purchases so far. I love how their shadows stay on for hours, too.

11. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely love their brushes :p Otherwise, I haven't tried too much of their stuff. I tried some powder but it looked awful on me. I also tried some of their eye stuff and it was pretty good because it stayed on for quite a while :)

12. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    I love e.l.f. cosmetics. I have been using it for the last two years and I have yet to be disappointed with any of their products. I love their tinted moisturizer (moisturizer-foundation in one), and their mascara and lip gloss too. I always buy these as they are cheap but have good quality. This is my everyday make-up.

13. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I like some e.l.f. products, but not all of them. The brushes are my favorite item of theirs. I like the $3 ones the best. Have you tried those? They are still a great steal for brushes, which usually cost around $20 or more at department stores. I like the $3 ones better because they seem to last longer to me. They are a better quality and the brush bristles are super soft (which I love!)

I have tried a few other things, but not a lot. The brushes are by far my favorite. The liquid highlighter for $1 does a good job too. However, the tube broke on me after about a month. If you buy it, I would recommend putting it into your own little sample sized bottle.