Emergency Vitamin Supplements

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Jasmine2015 • Oct 21, 2015.

1. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    Have you ever seen those little packets called emergen-c? They are supposed to dissolve in water and then drink for the vitamins. I received some free samples in the store but I don't know whether or not you can actually get any real vitamins and it's not just filler. I'll have to open the sample pack to see how it taste.

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If they didn't contain any vitamins then it's likely that they wouldn't have received FDA approval. So I expect that they probably do exactly what they say they will do. Whilst it's always better to get your RDA from your regular diet, I'm sure these drinks come in very handy in times of sickness or compromised immunity.

3. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Its highly doubtful - as apart from the fact that Emergen-C is well known for its many miracle claims that lack any kind of scientific evidence - it contains a long list of artificial ingredients.

Therefore realistically speaking - as there is nothing that can be swallowed - no vitamin, no mineral, no herb, no food - that is capable of instantly or miraculously boosting the immune system - as only consuming a regular diet of nutrient dense foods on a long term basis can do that ( a fact that is supported by strong scientific evidence ) and vitamins can only be obtained from real food and not from artificially produced or rather synthetic food substances - as the majority of the long list of ingredients of Emergen-C are synthetic - its highly unlikely that it would be delivering any nutritional benefits whatsoever.