End Of Season Shopping

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by cluckeyo • Jun 1, 2016.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    For holidays, I like to try and anticipate next years needs, and then shop this year at the end of the season. This is a great way to save money. Items, large and small, are drastically reduced in price. And if you hit it right, there will be good selection. Saves serious money.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always do end of season shopping because prices often are slashed as retailers try to empty the shelves because they are fairly certain that it will be a long time before anyone starts buying the products they have in stock or if they ever will as the products might have got an upgrade the next season.

3. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    I see the logic behind this. The prices are usually lower but the stuff doesn't change much. It's the same high-quality product but for a cheper cost. So, I will definitely hit the shops at the end of this season. Are you going to do the same thing?

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I lived in the UK, where the seasons are very clearly defined, I too liked to shop for my stuff out of season because it worked out way cheaper! The way I did it was to ensure I wasn't focusing too much on the fashion items, but rather items I knew would last me through the years. I used to love snapping up beautifully tailored coats and blazers, and to this day I have enough to last me a long while without ever wearing them out :)

5. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I do the same thing because I like to make the most of the savings that can be had by doing that. I particularly like to look at things like gardening equipment - I was able to get a mini greenhouse really cheaply that way, paying only £5 for it, and it's go my tomatoes in it this year!) and clothes. Clothes will always come in the following year. I find that during the summer months shorts can be astronomically expensive but out of the season you can pick them up much more cheaply. I'd rather spend less on them for sure!

6. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Just recently, we went to an outlet or warehouse sale for clothes. Basically, they're clearing out their items for newer designs and stocks. So everything was super cheap and priced at just about five dollars each. And it includes all items, from pants, to shirts, to bags and to shoes. It was definitely a deal and my husband even bought five shirts for a pretty cheap price.

But end of season sales happen mostly during the end of the year, from where I am. It's when stores and brands clear out their items to make way for the New Year. Everything must go, that's their motto actually. So you can find all items, from kitchen stuff, to clothes, to appliances and even to gadgets. It's the most chaotic time of the year in malls.

We do take advantage of it when that happens. It's a great way to buy good quality items for half or even less than half the price.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This July 30th I am planning to stock up on linens and towels for the house. This is the best time to stock up on towels and linen for the family.

8. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Totally agree and as this is something I've been doing for years - no doubt about it - end of season shopping is the way to go if wanting quality, durability and huge savings.

Especially as - with the majority of high end stores generally wanting to clear all leftover stock at the end of each season - in order to make make room for the next season's goods - you really can't go too far wrong - particularly as - with all quality items usually marked down at way below half price and often considerably more - picking up a bargain is virtually guaranteed.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well the end of season shopping is an event where there will be a lot of people taking advantage of those offers, so I normally don't get to avail of the items, although I did make it a point to go to those sales when I was younger and I had more money.

10. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    For me this an opportune time to cash in on some huge savings. therefore,I may be able to stock up on items whose cost have been drastically reduced, because the stores have reduced the cost to get rid of the existing items to make way for the upcoming season's stock.

11. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I am waiting until July 4 when the summer stuff starts to go on clearance. I decided I will wait to buy any shorts, sandals or other summer accessories at that time. It seems very early for people to be thinking about Fall, but retailers need the space for new merchandise. Considering that Christmas stuff starts showing up in September,,I guess they need it!

12. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    This is my favorite time to shop as well. The only downside is that sometimes the selection is not as vast since you are mostly just dealing with leftovers from the holiday sales and most of the time they probably won't even be in the best condition but considering the very big price cut it's sometimes definitely worth it especially when you are able to dig up a good find wherein you find an item that's rare and still in good condition and you still get the high price cut.

13. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love getting brand new goods for a fraction of the cost. I always did this, even more so when the kids were little. The sales used to be even better than what I've seen lately. I often got new stuff for cheaper than used prices at end of season sales.

I got great deals on summer stuff like bathing suits, cover ups, clothes, sandals, and toys. Holiday stuff is really great too, with decorations, wrapping supplies, napkins, etc. The household stuff is hit or miss, but I've found some great bargains after those "white sales."

The best ones were the more costly items like winter coats and boots and backpacks and stuff like that. I mean, $40-50 children's coats for $5.00? Yes, please. With four kids, it made a huge difference.

14. Ke Gordon

Threads:
    Yeah, I need some shorts..and maybe some sandals, but as I said, July 4 weekend is when they start putting that summer stuff on sale. and will be the best time to get summer accessories. It is just one of the ways you can get the sort of clothing you need.. It is one of the things to do over that long weekend which sometimes can be a little slow.

15. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It sounds like you have a good plan.

It stays warm here for some time, so the summer sales seem to be a bit slower. While they will start having back to school stuff soon after Forth of July, they still won't mark down all the summer goods just yet.

Right around the time that school starts is when they usually do start the better mark downs, which still works out well for us. It's still pretty hot here when school starts, so summer clothes will make great back to school clothes, especially at bargain prices.

16. Ke Gordon

Threads:
    I am in Central Virginia, so it is plenty warm here too...but I did notice a store yesterday putting some seasonal stuff out for sale already. When you start to see the sidewalk sales and the summer clothing being put out...it has started. However, most seasonal items are still in their location in the store and probably will be for sometime..but the prices may be gradually reduced as people start to think about school starting and beyond.

17. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our Walmart has already taken most of the summer tings off and the whole front of the store is school items now. This is also the time that they will start closing out some of the garden center items, although some of the outside furniture will still be there until they geet ready to chnge that section over to Christmas stuff.
    Since they now start doing that by late September or early October, now is when i wach for all kinds of summer clothing, and lawn and garden products.
    We will stock up on the chlorine tabs for the swimming pool when those go on closeout and then we should have a lot of what we need for next summer.
    I like getting the bargains by waiting until something is off-season, and as long as I have at least most of what we need for the next year's season,, then we do not have to rush out and buy it when it is first out and expensive.