Engagement Ring Prices

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Miaka_M • Jun 10, 2015.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    It's wedding season and a number of individuals are tying the knot! Now, one thing that many of them have in common, is that they have an engagement ring. They can come in different styles and of course different prices. But, how much would an engagement ring cost? Say for the average working American, how much do you think a simple ring would be? I really don't know, but I wouldn't want to carry around a 2 million dollar ring on my finger honestly.

2. kristin

kristinNew Member

Threads:
    A simple band is usually around one hundred dollars. My husband bought my ring at a pawnshop. I am totally okay with that too. It was $5000 but at a jewelry store would have been double that amount. I would never by diamonds from a traditional jewelry store. To me it is like buying a brand new car- it depreciates greatly just drive it off the lot.

3. Gladysjames

GladysjamesNew Member

Threads:
    If you want affordable wedding rings, you can check online stores. There are so many collection available online and at affordable prices.
    I bought my wedding ring from one online store. It’s a customized wedding ring with my name and my husband's name engraved on it, along with our wedding date. It cost me around $350 only.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Cheap engagement rings cost under $200. I'm one of those people who always advice against buying expensive engagement or wedding rings because buying a costlier ring doesn't necessarily mean you love someone more. It's better IMHO, to save the money and spend it on other things once you get married.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would say it would depend mainly on your taste and your budget, which are subjective to you. I've always heard people tend to spend the equivalent of one month's wages on engagement rings. My engagement ring was cheap by most people's standards, but to us that was a lot of money at £500. But I was totally made up and still get compliments for it.

6. elisagrace

elisagraceNew Member

Threads:
    At the time of my engagement my husband gave me best diamond ring. Although it was from pawnshop still it is best and my whole time memory.

7. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    It's too dangerous and sorry to sound vile, but some people would literally tear off your finger to steal it.

Honestly, you have to consider the fact you're still going to have to buy the wedding ring. However, if you want something new and not used, then you would at least want the wedding ring to be new. Nonetheless, having either one of them used might give the message that you're loved one isn't deserving of the best.

#7Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was going to mention it too if no one mentioned blood diamonds too. You got choices for a diamond ring. If you are going to get your ring together with your fiance, then you have more options. If your fiance gets it for you, you don't have any choice and it's not so nice to tell him, can I have a different one, lol.

With your choices if both of you are going to pick it out, if you'd like diamonique, cubic zircon or real diamonds. I'm a romanticist so I'd like a real diamond too, but how to get him to get one for you that he can afford, well that's a different story.

Prices vary, it's fun to window shop online to get a good idea about diamond engagement rings. Then when you go shopping at a mall you can see for yourself hat it looks like on your finger. Then when you got it down, bring your fiance with you, if both of you are going to buy it for you got the one that you want. I don't know if it's a good idea of asking what he wants to spend on it. I just got engaged too. Congratulations to you on your engagement!

9. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Right, one should do research on the source of the diamonds. As was shown on the movie Blood Diamond, a lot of violence and other problems have resulted from the diamond industry. I wonder, though, what are the best links for this type of research? Do certain diamond companies specifically try to advertise their products as being ethical?

10. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I found online stores to be more cheaper than jewellery shops. There are also wider choices for designs online than offline.

I have bought many rings online and never have been disappointed to be honest.

11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:

:)The sites that I've come across all say their piece about the topic. It all depends what you land on, for your clicks of interests, so what catches your interest sites will have something about diamonds that are ethical. If there is nothing about it, I'd guess they are maybe blood diamonds. I would not ask them about it, because, sites brag about being ethical anyway. Shopping for your engagement ring is half the fun. You know finding an engagement ring is a once in a lifetime thing, right, so enjoy it mostly. Have more fun about it and not worry so much about other things and save money with sales on engagement rings too.

12. Fran Sherrell

Fran SherrellNew Member

Threads:
    I would advise you to check online stores for affordable engagement rings. You can find a comprehensive range of engagement rings in various styles, size, color, metal, design and at affordable prices. You can even get it customized to make it more unique and special.