Essex, A Great Liquidation Store ! !

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Happyflowerlady • May 29, 2016.

1. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We hve a fairly new store in our area, and it is called Essex, or Bargain Hunters. I am not sure why it has two names; but they have quite a few different stores in other areas; so maybe each one has their own special names.
    On their webpage, it is called Bargain Hunters.
    They get new merchandise in every week, and the prices are below what you would pay in a store. However, they also lower the price twice a month, until the merchandise sells.
    They have signs up that show the discounts, which is about 10% every two weeks; so the first two weeks, it is at full price, and the next two weeks, it is 10% off.
    Then it just keeps dropping until someone buys it. We have bought items that were 80% off just because they had been there several months.
    If you have one of these stores in your area; it is well worth checking it out ! !

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's one thing I loved about Filene's Basement. It was fun to hunt through the discounted items to look for the dates, then compare them to the discount dates hanging from the ceiling in various sections of the stores.

Burke's Outlet has a similar system, although they use colored dots. Sometimes it's actually difficult to discern which color the dots are, since there are so many, and a few are somewhat similar in color, but that just adds to the adventure. I really enjoy seeking out and finding bargains, especially when I have a little extra money, so I tend to enjoy these types of stores.

I haven't seen or heard of Essex or Bargain Hunters, but if there were in this region, they'd probably establish themselves up in Houston first, since there's more traffic, and hence usually more profit. Hopefully they'll eventually spread to where I am, so I can join in the fun and find some great deals.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sadly, we don't have those stores in this area, but we do have some discounters I like, like Ollies, Gabes, Big Lots, the Christmas Tree Store and others. However, sadly, none of these stores are in my immediate area, so I always have to wait until I am taking a trip to the region to go to any of them.