Etsy?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by JessiFox • Nov 29, 2012.

1. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Does anyone else buy from etsy? I really love the fact that many of the items are handmade and can support actual artists/woodworkers/etc. but it is a bit disappoint that generally you have to use Paypal. (I do have a paypal now but have heard quite a few people tell horror stories about it and feel hesistant in using it.) Still though, it is nice to be able to buy handmade items and also have the option for custom, one of a kind pieces, as well.

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't purchased anything from Etsy. Most of the people who have problems with PayPal are from the seller side. If you use your PayPal just to make purchases, it is very unlikely that you will have any problems.

3. QueenPisces

QueenPiscesNew Member

Threads:
    I love Etsy, it's a great site. The reason that most sellers require a PayPal is because its much safer, instead of having a ton of people have your credit card info, PayPal makes it so you can avoid sellers knowing that information in case the seller happens to be a scammer, I prefer using it on sites I'm not familiar with and I'm hoping all sites have PayPal in the future.

4. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Well that's true, when it works without issue it does seem to be a secure method of payment. I have never had any problems with paypal myself but as I said, I don't have extensive history with it...that's good to know that it would mainly be from the seller's end, though. =)

5. jayjacinto

jayjacintoMember

Threads:
    True. I am an online seller, and the problem with it is if you go against the buyer protection. But Paypal is cool nonetheless..

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I do! I wish I had more income so I could buy from there more often. I love buying handmade products and especially love gifting them to other people. With Christmas coming up, I know I'll spend even more there.

7. GSBryce

GSBryceMember

Threads:
    I love Esty. I wish I was crafy enough to make some of those items myself to get some extra income. Every order I have placed, I have never had to use my PayPal account. It has always given me the option to use a credit/debit card. Which is a plus for me! Sometimes Etsy is the only place I can find a specific item that I am wanting, or needing customized. They have some of the best Baby items I've ever come across. Seriously, you can't go wrong with handmade baby leg warmers, and ruffled diaper covers.

8. jayjacinto

jayjacintoMember

Threads:
    I am not in the US, so i need to ask, how popular is etsy in the US? Do you think it is a good idea to invest on this?

9. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I shop there and they do have lots of cool and neat things on there. I bought a bunch of hello kitty and barbie jewels to make my telephone case. I have never really had problems with paypal.

10. jayjacinto

jayjacintoMember

Threads:
    Buyers using Paypal will never have any issues because they offer Buyer Protection. If a seller has a low stat, the availability of the payment is held until they do not hear any complaints from the buyer within 21 days..

11. samira1

samira1New Member

Threads:
    Great Share thanks for sharing this post with us.