European Festivals.

Discussion in Travel started by RobertNick • Jan 19, 2015.

1. RobertNick

RobertNickMember

Threads:
    Does anyone else like to go to european outdoor festivals ?

I usually go to Sónar. It's Barcelona's enormous festival of electronic music, emphasizing Djs, presentations, sound labs, record fairs and urban craftsmanship. The project at this super-cool city-based celebration is part into "Day" and "Night" postings. "Day" offers new and best in class acts, while the "Night" system emphasizes the enormous feature names, like Massive Attack, Rudimental and Nile Rodgers.

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I have never been to one that I can remember. The two that stand out in my mind that I would like to attend are a real Bavarian Beer festival and a Parisian Jazz festival. I do not know of the Paris Jazz festival is really considered 'traditional' or rather 'a la mode' but when we were walking the streets, the musicians were fantastic and it created a real vibe in the city. I can't imagine what it would be like during a Jazz festival. And in the states I have been to Bavarian type beer festivals and really enjoyed the beer and sausages they served, so I know the 'real thing' would be twice as good! Even if the beer is served room temperature, which I have heard is the case in most of Europe.

3. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    Err... I've been to different volksfest in Bavaria, including the Oktoberfest (which is overcrowded and overpriced but we went early in the day so whatever), and the beer is fresh (not *cold* like we served it in Canada, but not room temperature either!), and a lot of free festivals in Munich. It was pretty fun! :) The carnival is coming soon enough.

I really wish I knew about more festivals in neighboring countries so we could maybe go and visit them. Would love to go to the Theater Festival of Avignon!

4. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't attend European festival yet. But good to know sufficient info about this tour. I might be go there because i think it would be a good event for spending some adventures time with friends. What you say ????

5. DejiK

DejiKMember

Threads:
    The Secret Garden Party in Cambridge, England is pretty special. Its primarily a dance music festival, but even within that umbrella there's so much diversity. Its set in a beautiful part of England and the organisers pretty much create a fairytale land, with tree tunnels, hills, streams and the absolute best lighting in the world. We're lucky in Europe that we have so much choice as to which to attend, but this is one I attend every year without fail :)

They also make pretty spectacular websites that give you a really good idea of the 'ethos' of the festival.