Ever Been Embarrassed While Shopping?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Jasmine2015 • Apr 9, 2016.

1. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    So recently I went shopping for some new shoes at Payless. They were a really nice pair of Heels but I needed to take my socks off and try it on. Let's just say I wasn't too happy about that since I was long due for a pedicure! I mean, I usually polish my nails myself but this time around I was caught off guard not knowing I was being taken for shoe shopping so I couldn't do my feet in time. Oh well. This ever happens to anyone else? (And yes I do use the little foot stockings when you're ready to try a shoe on).

2. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    That's the last place anyone should be embarrassed. I thought payless was self-serve so you shouldn't have had to deal with a clerk. But to answer your question, yes it has happened to me but not while shopping.

Back when I worked in an office but was on my feet a lot, I wore many flats with an open heel. Maintaining a smooth foot was a job in itself so I often had scaly heels exposed. Some kids once pointed this out:(.

3. albreeden

albreedenMember

Threads:
    OH man. Once while browsing a Walmart, as a teenager, this guy and I were exchanging eyes and I walked into one of those large carpeted poles. Got myself some grade A carpet burn, right on my face.

4. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Oh yes, there was one time a while back when I thought I would surprise my family and make them breakfast and so I made an early morning run to the grocery store. It was not until I was about half way done shopping for the breakfast supplies that I realized I had forgotten to put on a bra before I left the house. Luckily I was wearing a jacket and so I was able to hide it, but I was so mortified.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't remember anything embarrassing happening to me yet while I was shopping, but an entry in one of my old slumbooks crossed my mind just now about their (the one who signed) most embarrassing moment: It's slipping in KFC.

Come to think of it, slipping in a public place like in a shopping mall can be very embarrassing.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm often embarrassed after I gained some weight, because every time I want to try certain items the sales person will often look me up and down and either say they don't have the item in my size or they ask what size I am and suggest that I am 1 or 2 sizes more than I actually am...
    Even when they are polite i get embarrassed... Yesterday I went to a store looking for a formal dress for my cousin's wedding and there was nothing on my size that I liked. The sales girl was very nice but I still felt so embarrassed

7. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I don't get embarrassed too easily so I don't think I have ever been embarrassed while I was shopping. My daughter has dropped a carton of eggs before in the grocery store and I really wasn't embarrassed by this.
    I don't think you have to worry about your nails not being groomed appropriately.

8. Destiny

DestinyActive Member

Threads:
    The last time I got embarresed while shopping was when my daughter was a baby. Huge poop explosion! It for everywhere! It smelled aweful!

9. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I feel you here. Trying on a pair of shoes to see if it fits your feet can be embarrassing particularly for women who have not polished their toe nails or at least made them presentable. It's also embarrassing buying underwear sometimes when there are men lurking or waiting for their wives or girlfriend near the stall you're situated at, browsing through stacks of underwear.

10. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    Oh goodness, well once I was at the gas station with my mother. There were several other people in the store and while we were waiting in line, she and I were having a little argument. I don't even remember what we were arguing about, but I was quite frustrated and I even rolled my eyes at her, crossed my arms over my chest, and looked away. Of course, that's when I noticed there was a really cute guy who just happened to be standing in line behind us. He kind of looked at me then looked away quickly and I was so embarrassed that I promised myself to never argue in public again.

11. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    All of the time! The worst is when I am holding up the line with all of my coupons. I don't really care now because I am saving a lot of money, but I was feeling really embarrassed when the checker would have to call the manager and they would look at me like I was doing some coupon fraud.

12. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Life is such that there are situations that happen...whether there are good or bad, and I bet there are more good than embarrassing, right...when there are not as good as we like I pray and give the situation to God to fix and let it go for we all have something that happened. I feel a lot better about it and then I pray to let things go smoothly and pray for good luck forever. I move on and laugh it off for life is too short. Not good for body to hold on to negative energy.
    Here is a few articles about negative energy:

Take care and keep healthy and enjoy life.