Ever Bought Something You Saw Advertised on FB or any other Social Media?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Denis Hard • Jun 26, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are millions of online marketers striving to make a buck on the net so bumping into them on FB shouldn't surprise anyone. So should you see a review of a product that could interest you on your timeline do you buy that product?

A few people have been scammed on social media sites buying stuff from people they don't know. So the next time you see something shared by a 'friend' think twice before deciding to buy anything from them. You can't afford to trust anyone on the net.

2. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I never bought any. Even though I have a lot of friend I personally know who are advertising their affiliated products or sharing other's product but I only read and leave.

I know some products are provided with good reviews along with the ads but if I know I can get it somewhere around the town and test the product myself then I don't bother.

3. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    Nope, never. Sure I'll buy from a friend's affiliate link if it means that they'll make a little money off of my purchase, but only if it is something that I already want to buy. I won't buy something random just because it's advertised however.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I have never been interested to read those advertisements, but then they rarely appear on my FB newsfeed. If I happen to come across one that just keeps popping up, I either ignore or try to get rid of it, so that I don't get bothered by it again. I never buy products online that I am not familiar with. So, generally, I only ever read any product reviews when I am thinking of acquiring something I don't know much about. And after that, I go out and try and buy it in a store, where I can return it if there are any problems with it.

5. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought a couple of things that I have seen advertised on various social media sites, not many though. The last thing I purchased was a monthly membership to a collection of premium WordPress plugins ($99 a month) that will help me in my new project of providing lots of web sites under one network. :)

6. nuka cola

nuka colaBanned

Threads:
    I've bought clothing and a vape pen from a brand that advertises through Twitter. It can be a pretty effective means of getting people's attention if it's being retweeted/favorited/etc.

7. Aquila

AquilaBanned

Threads:
    To be Honest NO, Not because its a scare of scam of something but for a fact i just started bothering all the productivity which finally help us with learning a lot and at the same time growing a particular way.I am pretty sure of thinking with growing and knowing for a fact that what we need there isn't anything wrong with buying something from them.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, and I don't think that I will buy anything from Facebook, because I only log in rarely and it's because I want to check out the updates from the groups that I belong in or the shows that I follow. I only buy from reputable stores like Ebay, so I won't be at risk of being victimized by scammers in Facebook.