Ever Felt Uncomfortable?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • Apr 5, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've seen a number of women and girls in mini-skirts try to pull their mini-skirt down. An attempt to cover up more perhaps? They aren't comfortable in their mini-skirts maybe?

Have any of you ever worn clothes which made you feel [that] uncomfortable? Did you ever buy such clothes again?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I take it you've never worn a mini-skirt?:D Well, you are just being cautious you're not flashing. Whenever I wear anything short or cropped I pull it down in case it rides too high and flashes more than I would like. It's the same with tight trousers or leggings. I'm more conscious of the VPL and cover up if I can.

It is more comfortable to wear clothes that aren't too tight or short, but I would still wear them, but am more conscious of any flesh I may be exposing. I have a dress that is low cut and I pull it up whenever I wear it periodically in case I flash, but I still like the dress.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I make a concerted effort to get clothes that fit properly and are also comfy. I just wouldn't be comfortable at all. if you're uncomfortable, everyone can see it and it looks very bad. I wouldn't be able to relax.

4. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    I have never worn mini skirt, but I have seen people who did this before. I think if you are wearing something out in public and you have the fear that it will embarrass you at one point or another; then don't wear it.

5. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    While I've never worn a mini skirt (obviously!) I have seen people out that do this and they're clearly self conscious about their appearance.

I think the most important thing is to feel comfortable in what your wearing, even if it might not be the most expensive or fashionable brand, if you feel comfortable and your confident in your appearance then that's the main thing in my opinion.

6. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    When I was younger, I would wear fashionable clothes regardless of their comfort level. As I've grown older, I still can dress fashionably, but I'm no longer a "slave" to fashion...I will choose comfort any day. With this frame of mind, I still am able to find clothes that look great, compliment my figure, but don't make me regret wearing them. In doing so, I also have a lot more fun when I go out because I'm not so completely uncomfortable and worried about exposing too much. I'm able to enjoy the atmosphere instead of constantly worrying that I'm going to have a wardrobe malfunction!

7. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    I don't wear clothes that I don't feel physically and mentally comfortable in. If I felt the need to tug at the bottom of a skirt or at the neckline of a shirt, it wouldn't be comfortable and would land in the donation box pretty quickly. Sometimes I buy things thinking they'll be fine, even after trying them on, but the first day I wear it, I learn differently. That sucks. As soon as I take it off and put it through the laundry, it gets donated. I'm a minimalist clothes wise so it's not worth it to me to keep something I'm not enjoying wearing.

8. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    At 38, I'm a little too old for mini skirts now but I remember I was constantly pulling them down throughout my 20s. They always seemed like a good idea when I was getting dressed at home but as soon as I stepped outside I felt really exposed. These days, my skirts stop at the knee!

9. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    No. I don't wear mini-skirts. I would definitely feel kind of conscious whenever I walk down the street if I ever wear a mini-skirt. I just always go for knee-length dresses.

10. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Those girls get their just desserts. If you're going to wear something skimpy, then wear it with conviction and confidence. Otherwise, you'd look like you're trying so hard to look sexy. I don't really remember the last time I was uncomfortable with the clothes on my back. Perhaps when I have my monthly flux or I get sweaty and happen to be wearing tighter clothes than usual, I end up feeling uncomfortable.

11. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to wear them all the time. They were actually the most comfortable thing I had in my closet. But yes, it was an annoying price to pay for that comfort lol. They stayed put better if I wore tights/leggings/nylons etc. And I didn't wear them "to look sexy" either lol. People wear heels regardless of discomfort, not sure what the difference is. And they can actually be painful! lol

12. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only wear whatever is comfortable for me. I don't reallycare if it's fashionable, or whatever. Of course, that also doesn't mean I go out in a tracksuit and sweatpants, but you know, I don't really carea bout trends or whatever.

13. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wear clothes that make me feel uncomfortable all the time. And as you mentioned the short skirts, I find that sometimes it happens that girls are pulling them down because when you try them on in stores and put them on at home they stay down and pretty, but when you go out and is walking around you sometimes find out they go up more than you would like. So that is a hassle.

14. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think you'll find that most women, at some point in their lives, have worn clothing that makes them feel extremely uncomfortable. But we'll still wear them anyway, because we are told that pain is beauty and all of that BS from the time we are old enough to decipher words. There are certain clothes that I do not wear because I have to stay on constant supervision to make sure that it looks the way that it is supposed to.

15. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I won't wear a skirt that sits above the knee because I don't want to have to worry about it. I just don't enjoy myself if I constantly feel like my body is on display, just makes me want to hurry home and get out of sight. I really don't know why people continue to wear styles that are not comfortable unless it is because they spent the money on the garment that looked good in the dressing room, but didn't turn out to be comfortable, but they still want to get their money's worth.

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't wear anything that I'm not comfortable in unless it's mandatory, like closed shoes for example (I'd rather wear slippers) so that has never been a problem for me. I'm not a skirt and short-shorts kinda girl, although I do see some girls that do that. It just looks awkward.

17. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I used to wear minis when I was in my teens, but I don't think minis then were as revealing as minis today. Today I don't know how anyone can stand to wear the things. There is no way you can bend or climb (stairs) without flashing anyone around you. And sitting can't be much better. If you don't cross your legs you'll flash one way and if yo do cross your legs you'll flash another.

18. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to wear bustiers, corsets and strapless dresses when I was in my 20s and I always found myself pulling them up and trying to bend over carefully so that my boobs wouldn't fall out.
    I'm 40 now and I dress in comfortable, functional video game t shirts. I don't really miss having to keep track of my body parts. Being fully covered is less glamorous but less stressful.

19. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    I've had so much experience with clothes that make me so uncomfortable to the point of not enjoying my day or my mood being bad. I guess that's my fault because I've had the habit of buying clothes that I don't try on thinking that it would actually fit or buying clothes that I tried on but I didn't consider or mind the slight discomfort because I was too in love with the item. Wearing these types of clothes out just make me so paranoid and uneasy and I really hate it.

People who wear mini skirts are a different story, though. Not all of them are uncomfortable with it. Some are just simply pulling it down so that it wouldn't ride up too much to show so much. But maybe others are uncomfortable with it. Who knows? It differs from every person. We all have our reasons. I guess we should all just stick to clothes that would make us feel comfortable the whole day.